Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3115 20" Forged Tesla Wheel Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I am interested in the Tsportline M3115 Forged 20" wheels for the Model 3. Preferably square setup 20x8.5. I sent out an email regarding a group buy for us Canadians and this is what they came up with:

Group Buy Terms
-5 sets minimum.
-payment by wire transfer (this ensures no one backs out of the group buy once wheels are delivered to each respective owner).
-3300USD delivered per set to each owner's door.
-we don't think your Canadian owners will be subject to duty due to NAFTA, but we do believe each owner will be subject to their province taxes.
-we can declare wheels at a commercial invoice value

Please let me know if anyone is seriously interested. We would need to fill 4 more sets.

That's a pretty good deal but I want to wait until my car arrives. Is it US$3300 delivered to my door in Ontario, then I pay 13% HST to the shipper on delivery? Can I choose metallic gray instead of black or does the entire order have to be the same colour? Also can I pay Tsportline directly (not that I don't trust you but we're just guys on a forum and we don't know each other).

Response by Tsportline:

MATTE BLACK 3300USD delivered (not including HST).
METALLIC GREY 3620USD delivered (not including HST).

Why does Metallic Grey cost more? It's a 3 stage color.

We don't mind if the Group Buy is mix or match, Staggered or Non-staggered, Metallic Grey or Matte Black.

HST will be paid to Fedex prior to delivery. In our experience, Fedex will not release the shipment without HST payment.

Yes, we'll accept direct payment, but must be by wire transfer to ensure none of the 5+ owners back out.

Not to get too a-la-carte or premature but given the above response, I'm wondering if they would include a deal on Michelin PS 4S tires as part of the group buy. If it was something like $4700 or so USD delivered for 20" matte black with PS 4S tires & TPMS as per below, I'd be interested. (square 20")

All Wheel & Tires Packages come with pre-installed factory Tire Pressure Sensors and tires Roadforce mounted & balanced ready for install.

Not to get too a-la-carte or premature but given the above response, I'm wondering if they would include a deal on Michelin PS 4S tires as part of the group buy. If it was something like $4700 or so USD delivered for 20" matte black with PS 4S tires & TPMS as per below, I'd be interested. (square 20")

All Wheel & Tires Packages come with pre-installed factory Tire Pressure Sensors and tires Roadforce mounted & balanced ready for install.

All Prices Delivered by Fedex Express.
Excluding HST & Duties.

MATTE BLACK SQUARE/STAGGERED 3300USD
METALLIC GREY SQUARE/STAGGERED 3620USD

MATTE BLACK SQUARE w/ PS4S TO 5200USD
MATTE BLACK STAGGERED w/ PS4S 5100USD
METALLIC GREY SQUARE w/ PS4S TO 5500USD
METALLIC GREY STAGGERED w/ PS4S 5400USD

MATTE BLACK SQUARE w/ PS AS3+ 4800USD
MATTE BLACK STAGGERED w/ AS3+ 4900USD
METALLIC GREY SQUARE w/ AS3+ 5100USDMETALLIC GREY STAGGERED w/ AS3+ 5200USD
cleardot.gif

• Helpful
Reactions: moltenfire
Good to know. Thanks! I think I can do as well, if not better on the tires/mounting/TPMS up here so I'd only be interested in the wheels.

What's everyone doing if this doesn't pan out? Perhaps a local business would consider a group buy from just 3 people for example.

I'd prefer these wheels in a 19" but they are very nice wheels so pretending there's no such thing as pot holes for the moment. There's not a lot out there for the Model 3 fitment unless you go custom which gets crazy expensive.

I agree that these are probably the best to be had in a 20" at that price for the Model 3. Hopefully more feel the same.

I would be interested in the wheels only as well as I can probably get a better price on tires here.
If this doesn't pan out, i have no choice but to wait for some kind of special sale hopefully by end of the year.
We need 5 seriously interested buyers. I am one of them and waiting for 4 other owners to join me.

Just an FYI...I put winter tires on my Aero wheels when I purchased my Model 3 in December and have sold my MXM4's so will be looking to pick something up within 5-6 weeks. I am seriously interested but it would appear my timeline for needing to do this may not match everyone else's let alone getting 5 people signed up. I'll hang in there till the last minute though.

There's really nothing else out there that compares to this. Custom forged is the only alternative I've seen and then you'd be up to $5-8k USD minimum.

@moltenfire - from what you've stated, I just wanted to clarify - is 5-6 weeks from now earlier than you are prepared to commit? When are you anticipating taking delivery?

Just an FYI...I put winter tires on my Aero wheels when I purchased my Model 3 in December and have sold my MXM4's so will be looking to pick something up within 5-6 weeks. I am seriously interested but it would appear my timeline for needing to do this may not match everyone else's let alone getting 5 people signed up. I'll hang in there till the last minute though.

There's really nothing else out there that compares to this. Custom forged is the only alternative I've seen and then you'd be up to $5-8k USD minimum.

@moltenfire - from what you've stated, I just wanted to clarify - is 5-6 weeks from now earlier than you are prepared to commit? When are you anticipating taking delivery?
You should count me out, I don't even have a VIN and I have no idea when Tesla will get off their butt and build my car.

Sounds like you and OP can and/or must wait but I can't. So you may not be out if this takes quite a while to get 5 people whereas I have to act fairly soon. (though I would think the offer from T-Sportline is of a limited timeframe)

@DekiTM3 - I wonder if there's any way of generating interest from a wider audience? Or must it be only by members of this forum?

Sounds like you and OP can and/or must wait but I can't. So you may not be out if this takes quite a while to get 5 people whereas I have to act fairly soon. (though I would think the offer from T-Sportline is of a limited timeframe)

@DekiTM3 - I wonder if there's any way of generating interest from a wider audience? Or must it be only by members of this forum?

It can be anyone, not just us here in Canada.

I like the VS Forged VS19's but I think the lead time might be too far out for me. I emailed Josh to find out though. Could be a good backup plan.

I got my custom two-tone VS03 wheels from Josh in 7 weeks (included Xmas and New Years holidays) and it was definitely worth the wait. I just can't wait for the MPP comfort coilovers I ordered in February though...crossing my fingers I get them soon.