Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P order placed - 11/28 - what up new fam!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couldn't wait to pull the trigger on this.

Placed my order today through Tesla Burlingame in the Bay Area.

M3 Performance
White exterior
White interior (yup, white on white)
No EAP

Can't wait to get this baby in the next couple weeks hopefully... just as long as it's before Dec 31!

Now to the hard decisions... where to get tint and lowering springs installed at :)

More to come... going to start a build thread and see this baby come alive.

Congrats on the order. Since you're in the Bay Area, there are tons of recommendations on here. Just do a search. Enjoy the car because you'll find reasons to drive it even if you don't have anywhere to be specifically. Heck, I drove to the library at 10PM just to drop off books that could have waited a few more weeks.

Congrats on the order. I got mine this past Monday. I initially did not get EAP on it like you but got the 30 day trial for it yesterday. Man, its great. I will most likely purchase it at the end of the trial. I love to drive too but wow.

Anyway welcome to the club.

Doug

Reactions: Cyberjr
thanks for the replies!

Got my VIN today and my delivery date for Wed 12/5.

Let's recap!

ordered 11/28
VIN and Delivery Date 11/29
delivery Date scheduled for 12/5

I think I may have gotten my order quicker (I know by one day)... I didn't finish all the info in the tesla.com account (ie, insurance info, etc..). Once I did that this morning, 6 hours later I have a VIN and an email & text form Tesla about my delivery date.

Crazy fast...

Now I need to schedule my tint and view more youtube videos on DIY lowering spring install! I'm not paying 500-800 I got quoted from a couple of shops around the Bay area. It's ridiculous...

Anyone want to get together and do spring install "Saturday" and have a beer... hit me up!

I ordered on the 27th, matched to a vehicle on the 28th, confirmed on the 29th and scheduled for delivery on 12/04 (in southern california). I actually tried to move the delivery back a few days because I wont have charging at home installed yet, and would have lost the vehicle they found for me which was made in november so I said "I will work it out" (lol).

So I should be driving my new tesla by next tuesday afternoon! Thats 7 days from "lets go test drive a Model 3 Performance" to "should be driving it home". My lease on my BMW 435 is not up till january. I expected this to take till mid to end december lmao.

Congrats on the order. I got mine this past Monday. I initially did not get EAP on it like you but got the 30 day trial for it yesterday. Man, its great. I will most likely purchase it at the end of the trial. I love to drive too but wow.

Anyway welcome to the club.

Doug
I just ordered mine and they have it in stock but we're going out of town until the 19th so they'll have another one waiting for us when we return. . AWD Blue black interior without EAP. What is the 30 day trial? Can you actually try it out before buying? If so, is it at the $5000 price or the higher one? Thanks!

Congrats on getting your VIN !!
I ordered on Black Friday and got my VIN today too. They scheduled my delivery for Saturday 12/1/18 at 5 PM, but I rescheduled for 12/5/18. I just didn't want to fight the crowds on a late Saturday afternoon.
Metallic Blue Performance
White seats
EAP

A lot of good stories! That’s awesome. Merry Xmas to us a bit earlier :)

Anyone know if Tesla is having any back order issues with Gen 2 adapter cables? I ordered a NEMA 10-30 adapter (dryer outlet) but was reading some where that they were on back order... but Tesla’s site didn’t say they were...

I didn’t want to order one off of Amazon non-circuit protector or EVSE Adapters $85...

Last edited:
I ordered on the 27th, matched to a vehicle on the 28th, confirmed on the 29th and scheduled for delivery on 12/04 (in southern california). I actually tried to move the delivery back a few days because I wont have charging at home installed yet, and would have lost the vehicle they found for me which was made in november so I said "I will work it out" (lol).

So I should be driving my new tesla by next tuesday afternoon! Thats 7 days from "lets go test drive a Model 3 Performance" to "should be driving it home". My lease on my BMW 435 is not up till january. I expected this to take till mid to end december lmao.

You could do like I used to do it back in the day.

Take the whole assembly off, lay it on the ground, aim it at a plastic trash can, and unscrew it and let it shoot into the trash can. lol......

true story though. DO NOT DO IT. lol