Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Map turns black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was a month+ ago. Since then, the map is black 80% of time or more and no updates. Yes, I have restarted the car MANY times. And the car is parked in a home garage every night with strong WiFi.

I expect that you checked this but just to be sure, does your car still show a WiFi connection? My car's WiFi got turned off -- sometimes a software update glitches a setting. (Hopefully that'll get fixed when they finish saving profiles to their servers.)

I have tried all of what you say. Tesla service canceled request basically telling me to go pound sand. That was a month+ ago. Since then, the map is black 80% of time or more and no updates. Yes, I have restarted the car MANY times. And the car is parked in a home garage every night with strong WiFi. Tesla software support totally sucks. They focus on maximizing profits in the past couple years, nothing more. I will not be surprised if Tesla starts falling behind some other car maker soon (VW, for one).
Yeah, same thing happened to me. I think we just have to wait for the next map update or something, who knows.