Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maps Traffic Overlay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question from a new owner - when using navigation, is it possible to enable a traffic overlay that shows red for traffic, blue for clear, yellow for somewhere in between etc.? This is a feature I use constantly on Google Maps just to know how much longer the current stretch of traffic will last. I do not see anything that allows for this on the Tesla. I have Premium Connectivity which is supposed to have live traffic... Not sure what that means.

Thanks!

Yes. Tap on the map. look at the bottom right. You will have 3 icons: one for switching to satellite view, one for traffic (streetlight icon), and one to see superchargers (lightning bolt). You'll see red and orange sections appear.
Note that you need premium connectivity to show traffic on the map. It will be taken into account in routing in all cases though, it's only display that is dependent on connectivity.

Yes. Tap on the map. look at the bottom right. You will have 3 icons: one for switching to satellite view, one for traffic (streetlight icon), and one to see superchargers (lightning bolt). You'll see red and orange sections appear.
Note that you need premium connectivity to show traffic on the map. It will be taken into account in routing in all cases though, it's only display that is dependent on connectivity.
Awesome. Thanks for the response! I will try it out

Reactions: GtiMart
We used to have that function on our screen and after a recent update, function gone. It appears that function is now a premium item that Tesla wants to start charging us monthly for. Google Maps is a free app on your phone, I'm probably just going to get a phone holder and use google maps for this function rather than pay Tesla more money.