Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real time traffic does not work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Real time traffics used to work when I navigate, no longer.
Used to show traffic with orange or red thick lines instead of the blue lines.
I have Premium Connectivity and it is up to date.
Called tech support and they told me to highlight the icon that looks like 3 vertical dots or a traffic light.
Still does not work
Seems it stopped working after an update this past week.
Anyone else having this issue or suggestions?

It still works for me. What blue lines are you seeing?

And yes you turn it off and on in the map with the traffic light icon. Two the map and tap the traffic light icon.

You can try holding down both buttons on your steering wheel to do a reset.

Same for me. Suddenly stopped showing the traffic but the ETA is taking traffic into account. Very annoying as it helps to know one is about to hit a traffic jam and prepare to slow down.

I think this all started happening after a recent software update.
Finally got it working today.
On the screen I am navigating to, tap screen, brings up 3 icons, tap the one that looks like a traffic light or 3 vertical dots.
Also turned back on local traffic alert on navi screen, it was turned off, the 3rd one from the top.
Then did a software reset by holding down the 2 scroll wheels on the steering wheel.

Not related but was wondering if people have the same issue. A recent navigation or system upgrade changed the way the navigation map works. Now whenever you navigate to somewhere it defaults to turn-by-turn instead of whatever you had it last. The car has the functionality to always navigate to home or work and I use it, that way i can see traffic etc. Now do I need turn-by-turn every time the nav is used Tesla? NO.

Also in my car, when I end the navigation, it no longer centers my car (triangle) in the center of the map. It's near the bottom. Is this happening to anyone else? I've obviously rebooted my car etc.

So the smart people at Tesla put out updates that screw of features, no that can't be right. Guess they were too busy watching our cabin camera videos to fix other software update issues.
It's absolutely ridiculous 😠 that live traffic data doesn't work over WiFi - this is a safety feature that was taken away from us unless we pay premium connectivity.

Wonder 🤔 what the NHTSA will say when I alert them? Probably not a thing.

It's absolutely ridiculous 😠 that live traffic data doesn't work over WiFi - this is a safety feature that was taken away from us unless we pay premium connectivity.

Wonder 🤔 what the NHTSA will say when I alert them? Probably not a thing.

Right, nothing, because it absolutely, positively, 10000000% is not any sort of safety feature. it sounds ridiculous to even intimate that. Just say that you think you shouldnt have to pay for it. Thats a lot more accurate than trying to paint it as a safety feature.