Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marked Delay in getting Bill of sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Y on 11/27 from NC since out state ( SC) does not allow sales or service centers of Tesla. I got the max allowed 30 day temp tag. That has expired on 12/28.

I contacted Charlotte Tesla a week ago about the excess delay in getting my bill of sale mailed to me. She stated that this is now done by a 3rd party and they are markedly delaying it due to holidays. Without it I cannot pay my tax in SC and transfer tags from my totalled Model 3. The car is sitting in the garage because I don't want to take the chance of getting a ticket or getting in an accident.

Anybody else experience ti lately. Any other suggestions to resolve it. My Model 3 Bill of sale came within a week in 2019.

I also picked up my Model Y in Charlotte and need to register it in Greenville, SC. I took delivery on 12/12 and when I contacted my sales rep about the bill of sale paperwork, he told me it will take 30-45 days to arrive in the mail. As you know, the temporary tags expire in 30 days, so maybe I can park mine next to yours.

I expected to see this in the glovebox section on my account along with the other documents right away. Had I known there would be a delay, I would have taken a picture of the forms before I left.

Reactions: Kamban
UPDATE:

My paperwork arrived today via FedEx.

Hope you get yours soon too.

Did you drive it with expired NC temp tags while waiting for the Bill of Sale? It is one thing to drive with expired SC temp or permanent registration tags but another to drive with one from out of state. The Tesla rep I contacted once again glibly told me to drive for 45 days. Wonder if Tesla will pay for my ticket or explain things should an accident occur?