Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martin at Maker Fair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TEG,

According to the context I’d have to say the video is from the May 2011 San Mateo event. Martin mentions seeing a couple of Volts in the parking lot, etc.

I consider you the master of finding good EV stuff on the web, for which I’m very grateful, so I feel a little foolish offering this tip I just stumbled on, which might already be well known.

But here goes: search at Google advanced image search instead of standard search. Moving the cursor over an image brings up information, including a web page URL. It’s good to decide whether you think it’s friendly before continuing.

Clicking on the image yields the same image, maybe larger. If you wait a few seconds a ghost background image of a web page appears. Closing the image brings the source web page into focus, and you’re there. That’s how I found this video.

Additionally, a Google advanced image search, followed by selecting Videos on the left side of the page, often works better for me than Google advanced video search, which has seriously devolved.

Incidentally, I’m using Chrome and a backgrade to 64 bit XP Pro.

TEG is absolutely right. Don’t try these unconventional searches at home. I’ve learned from plenty of bitter experience some ways to protect myself.

Finding this particular video was very pleasing, and to me well worth the risk. It was good to finally hear from Martin again, learn that he prospered very nicely from all his startups, and see a very interesting talk.