Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massive Explosion Damages Plantation, FL Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot I took yesterday.
E791CA80-66D7-4E0D-8CC3-1BD65146C820.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
I had seen the headlines about the Florida explosion but hadn't read the article or realized it was so close to the Superchargers there. Pretty freaky thing to happen. Sure a lot of people had nightmares that night if they were near there. Sad about so many people being injured too. We had relatives that lived in Sunrise so they no doubt shopped there frequently.

Just looking at some of the linked news stories above. The photos on the ABC story are shocking to see. If you watch Roy Ramos' video in that story at 0:08 in you can see the Tesla superchargers across from the explosion area. I guess Guillermo Villa's lucky he had an MX which sits higher above the road so he could hide under it. Tesla Supercharger area shown in the main ABC video 1:06 in. along with interview with Villa and showing the debris on his car. I think the tree might have helped deflect some of the debris raining down or at least slowed it's decent down.

From the first link in this thread, photo 8 of 11 shows the Tesla Supercharger sight from a little distance in the parking lot. I don't see any Teslas in the photo, maybe taken after the cars moved away. Image 11 of 11 is an AP overhead video that shows the SC area about 0:26 in.

BTW here's the thread on the Supercharger location (16 stalls). Plantation, FL Supercharger Expansion

Last edited: