Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.3 and .4 [nothing new in release notes In comparison to prior version]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(In NOA) After this update my car wants to change lanes every time it sees an exit ramp, at one point it got confused from someone exiting the highway and it tried to change lanes then quit and just hit the brakes for no reason. I turned off lane changes and it’s still trying to change lanes. Something about the exit ramps is messing it up.
Automatic lane change is worthless anyways. I have to do 3 different confirmations to let it know I’m paying attention before it moves.
Not a good update so far, but it happens when you code this stuff. I’m sure they will get some fixes rolled out soon. First really annoying issues I’ve faced on NOA.

Thought I'd report back since updating last night. This morning I rebooted the car and powered if off waiting 3 minutes. Part way into the wait I could hear the car shutting down. Touched the brake after the time was up and it powered up. Then checked my settings. My car was set to Roll, which I don't think I set, so switched it to Hold. Our driveway is on an upward slant towards the house so always back out to the street. Boy did I notice the difference. It really does hold and could tell it was taking more accelertion to go into reverse. That was kind of weird. At first I wondered if my car was stuck in Park although the indicator said R. While driving and slowing down could really feel the strong regen kick in and yes the car would come to a stop and put itself into Hold, which I would previously do on my own. Not sure yet how I feel about one pedal driving. Only drove in town so didn't use AutoPilot.

I did find that my radio station played just fine the whole trip while I ran errands. Not sure if the reboot helped or the .4 version played a part. Too soon to comment more.

This is my issue. Anyone else ever seen this?

View attachment 485191
Yes. Though in my case the green bar only got to 10% or so, and this was a couple months back, so a different release. No reboots, insults or tire kicks would fix it. I finally scheduled a service appointment. The next day they fixed the stuck download remotely and texted me.

Just got and installed it too, looks exactly like the previous version, same release notes. Was hoping for the range increase from 310 to 322 but I guess nothing new.

You must have AWD? I bought the RWD with 310, got the update awhile back to 325 (only ever charged to 320 by then for me) and it seems to be losing range capacity somewhat quickly this winter. 309 at 100% now

9400 miles after 15 months.

Installed 36.2.4 last night. Still looking for a return of my range to 310.
6-8 weeks out and my SOC 100% is 295-299 after 36.2.1 and beyond.
That's not degradation, that 's software. Would love to have CAN data
to see if additional 2-3 kw were added to the buffer or a change in the
calculation method took place. Does 40.x resolve the range issues?

Installed 36.2.4 last night. Still looking for a return of my range to 310.
6-8 weeks out and my SOC 100% is 295-299 after 36.2.1 and beyond.
That's not degradation, that 's software. Would love to have CAN data
to see if additional 2-3 kw were added to the buffer or a change in the
calculation method took place. Does 40.x resolve the range issues?
Same for me. Last night I charged to 100% to see what my full range would be. It is currently 303. I'm not one of the range Nazi's, but I would expect it to be a bit more on a two month old Performance model 3.