Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maybe a long shot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will say: I find it particularly funny that the SR+ is regarded to as inferior despite its improvements in efficiency over the MR which was the original *SR* when Tesla couldn’t make the numbers work.

Id love to see them apply those same principles to a new build LR RWD. Perhaps we get a car that actually gets its rated range while driving in *normal* conditions.

I will say: I find it particularly funny that the SR+ is regarded to as inferior despite its improvements in efficiency over the MR which was the original *SR* when Tesla couldn’t make the numbers work.

Id love to see them apply those same principles to a new build LR RWD. Perhaps we get a car that actually gets its rated range while driving in *normal* conditions.

A Tesla employee referring to his company’s products as inferior on a Tesla owner’s web site. Enough said.

No, this is a forum for Tesla enthusiasts, not haters. And if you took the time to read the posts on this forum, you would see that the main reason the forum exists is because virtually everything we hear from the Tesla employees is just flat out wrong. The company has a terrible reputation for not hiring employees who are motivated, competent, nor responsive. People buy Tesla vehicles in spite of the horrible service the company provides. What has always amazed me on this forum is how few Tesla employees actually contribute. I’ve always attributed it to general apathy for their job and the product.

So now you have introduced yourself as a Tesla employee, and instead of recognizing how frustrated Tesla owners are with the sheer incompetence of virtually ever sales/delivery/customer service rep we interact with, you have just become another one that comes off as arrogant and tone deaf. That is why you are getting the reactions you are getting.
Look I’m not disagreeing with you on some of this, I’ve been with Tes almost 5 years and I’ve been through all the growing pains. Customer service is ramping up as we speak and hopefully will be better by end of year across North America.

Internal employees aren’t receiving preferential treatment either, don’t feel excluded. We have an incentive program and we skip the line for reservations.

A Tesla employee referring to his company’s products as inferior on a Tesla owner’s web site. Enough said.

The MR is the LR battery pack with a few cells left off. Do your research.

The MR is the LR battery pack with a few cells left off. Do your research.

You still don’t get it. This is a forum for Tesla enthusiasts. You don’t need to educate us on the difference in battery packs between SR/MR/LR. It’s been discussed 1,000’s of times here.

Sales 101. Never describe a product your company sells as inferior. It may have shorter range, fewer cells, better value, etc. Inferior is never an appropriate term to use to describe a product you represent. It’s derogatory and inappropriate. And for those members who bought one, it’s insulting and offensive.

You still don’t get it. This is a forum for Tesla enthusiasts. You don’t need to educate us on the difference in battery packs between SR/MR/LR. It’s been discussed 1,000’s of times here.

Sales 101. Never describe a product your company sells as inferior. It may have shorter range, fewer cells, better value, etc. Inferior is never an appropriate term to use to describe a product you represent. It’s derogatory and inappropriate. And for those members who bought one, it’s insulting and offensive.
Firstly I was educating the other fellow who claimed it was an SR+ pack.

If you’re offended grow up, it’s an inferior battery pack with limited features comparing the two. Hence a price difference.

I’m here representing myself, I represent Tesla on the clock.

Firstly I was educating the other fellow who claimed it was an SR+ pack.

If you’re offended grow up, it’s an inferior battery pack with limited features comparing the two. Hence a price difference.

I’m here representing myself, I represent Tesla on the clock.

Nope, that’s not how it works. When you are a Tesla employee you are always representing Tesla...especially on a Tesla owner’s forum.

• Disagree
Reactions: tyler2323
No, this is a forum for Tesla enthusiasts, not haters. And if you took the time to read the posts on this forum, you would see that the main reason the forum exists is because virtually everything we hear from the Tesla employees is just flat out wrong. The company has a terrible reputation for not hiring employees who are motivated, competent, nor responsive. People buy Tesla vehicles in spite of the horrible service the company provides. What has always amazed me on this forum is how few Tesla employees actually contribute. I’ve always attributed it to general apathy for their job and the product.

So now you have introduced yourself as a Tesla employee, and instead of recognizing how frustrated Tesla owners are with the sheer incompetence of virtually ever sales/delivery/customer service rep we interact with, you have just become another one that comes off as arrogant and tone deaf. That is why you are getting the reactions you are getting.

Pretty much spot on. I LOVE the cars, HATE the company. I hate the company enough that at times it makes me miss dealerships (and that's saying A LOT).

Reactions: AMPd
I find it very odd that a tesla employee shows this kind of attitude IN PUBLIC. just wow.

most of us love the cars. just yesterday I was the 3rd model 3 in line on an exit ramp. you can't swing a cat without hitting a tesla, in the bay area, at least ;)

if I was working for tesla, I'd be hugely proud of all the accomplishments and the utter SATURATION of their cars in this area of the country, at least.

I'd also be very careful about what image I project to the world, especially on a tesla products forum.

I find it very odd that a tesla employee shows this kind of attitude IN PUBLIC. just wow.

most of us love the cars. just yesterday I was the 3rd model 3 in line on an exit ramp. you can't swing a cat without hitting a tesla, in the bay area, at least ;)

if I was working for tesla, I'd be hugely proud of all the accomplishments and the utter SATURATION of their cars in this area of the country, at least.

I'd also be very careful about what image I project to the world, especially on a tesla products forum.

Well, it’s pretty consistent with how they interact with customers on the job, so I’m not all that surprised that they don’t behave any differently in this forum. The maturity level of the average Tesla rep is not where it needs to be, but again it has to do with the low pay and lack of any meaningful training.

Well, it’s pretty consistent with how they interact with customers on the job, so I’m not all that surprised that they don’t behave any differently in this forum. The maturity level of the average Tesla rep is not where it needs to be, but again it has to do with the low pay and lack of any meaningful training.

They must hire millennials exclusively. :D

Tesla does not pay well. They hire kids with no relevant experience in customer service or sales and they provide virtually no training to them.

This is exactly true and there can be several reasons for this.
Is it cuz Elon didn’t care for school and doesn’t believe you need to hire graduates (who in large are going to be smarter usually just based off the fact that your brain thrives on learning like working out builds muscles)
Or is it so he can pay them crap like he does and also manipulate and keep them out the loop to driver owners crazy when we go in to resolve stuff and no one has a clue wtf to do or they pretend like they aren’t able too answer or resolve issues and certain questions or just don’t know much of anything since they are probably never trained adequately from the start and probably never have meetings to help them be better employees.
Probably all of the above lol

Problem is that this is a Tesla Fanboy Forum for the most part. It really annoys me that members are quick to lash out at anyone and everyone who posts anything negative when there is a lot of negative aspects of owning a Tesla that new members never get to hear cuz the fanboys will defend Tesla to their graves until something effects them personally and even than they still don’t. There needs to be a lot more truth and less praise for Tesla who has been caught doing shady things again and again with little to no repercussions or acknowledgement for other potential owners and current owners. I actually think the employees are some of the best attributes the company has when the higher up managers etc give owners the run around or lie, deceive and try to get out of covered warranties etc on a much more consistent basis. For what these employees make I have only had great experiences dealing with them as they are all extremely respectful and try to help as much as they are allied and capable of , which is the prime example of poor management by upper management in regards to educating their employees.
I can’t stand seeing members make excuses for Tesla over and over when they do things that are flat out illegal in some cases and still have way too much control over a car you bought and own yet they feel they can limit what repairs you can do, to basically making a Tesla inoperable cause it was purchased at auctions for example. Which I know the real reasoning behind their plans to make it so difficult to buy a Tesla from auction which is a direct correlation for the high insurance premiums when owing a Tesla as the money made from auctions is inevitable for insurance companies to survive and thrive with better rates etc.
Tesla want to basically control all their cars insurance coverages which would be a huge disaster and conflict of interest. Do you think if Tesla was the insurer of an auction purchased Tesla it would be so difficult to get it working as far charging etc. They charge an overzealous amount of money to deem the car safe on purpose in order to start charging, receiving updates etc. They know exactly what they are doing and it’s to push the majority of insurance companies to have to charge way too much for coverage so they can come in and monopolize it and than monitor your driving habits regardless of accidents and tickets so they can overcharge you for your driving habits regardless of your record. I have a huge problem with a lot of things Tesla does and most of all is not the you g kids who have no say or knowledge of any of this but the upper management, ceo, etc that are responsible for shady updates , not honoring certain warranties etc.
Like someone else said I love the cars but hate and do not trust the company and how they go about running their business. Regulators and regulations need to be implemented ASA to address issues that are flat out illegal in some regards that Tesla continues to do or manipulate that effect the consumers negatively and have a boomerang effect across the board with certain practices they choose to abuse

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC