Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU ports Ryzen any difference from Atom ? [installing aftermarket dash accessory]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im trying to fit one of those aftermarket dash's , I ordered it well in advance of getting the car and there was no options for Ryzen processor then . Now I come to fit it today and the port I think it is has to use is a different connector . It came from China and they are shut for a holiday.

This is a Right Hand drive 3 LR just 4 weeks old from China , all the online information I can find about fitting it is for a Left Hand drive with Atom processor .

There is an other port above the one in my guide but no chance of getting it with out more disassembly , Im trying 2nd one from bottom .

Attachments

• Car connector a.jpg
    Car connector a.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 161
  • connector from dash a.jpg
    connector from dash a.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 143
I have a similar issue, but with Hansshow Auto Present door handles. They sent me the AMD wire harness instead of the Intel Atom one (which I ordered). Was so excited to get them installed, and now every time I walk up to my car, all four door handles present, and all four doors open at once :|, so pissed. The installer did the installation completely correct, except for the wrong version MCU… smh.

They are sending the Intel wire harness, but does anyone know where I can get this harness or an adapter here in the states? Like is there not some adapter I could use in the meantime so I don’t have to wait for them to get off their asses in china?

If I turn my phone’s Bluetooth on, all doors open as soon as I’m within 10 feet. I can walk around the car and close the doors one-by-one, but by the time I circle back to the driver’s door, it opens bc I approached it. So frustrating and embarrassing for a kit that I was so excited for. Ffs.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Upvote 0
I have a similar issue, but with Hansshow Auto Present door handles. They sent me the AMD wire harness instead of the Intel Atom one (which I ordered). Was so excited to get them installed, and now every time I walk up to my car, all four door handles present, and all four doors open at once :|, so pissed. The installer did the installation completely correct, except for the wrong version MCU… smh.

They are sending the Intel wire harness, but does anyone know where I can get this harness or an adapter here in the states? Like is there not some adapter I could use in the meantime so I don’t have to wait for them to get off their asses in china?

If I turn my phone’s Bluetooth on, all doors open as soon as I’m within 10 feet. I can walk around the car and close the doors one-by-one, but by the time I circle back to the driver’s door, it opens bc I approached it. So frustrating and embarrassing for a kit that I was so excited for. Ffs.

Any help or advice appreciated.
3C7B6B1F-D638-4890-AF28-16C9FE2BAEBC.jpeg

Attachments

• CB5AD73E-1F85-40D0-8A27-A6F2ECBB7F4D.jpeg
    CB5AD73E-1F85-40D0-8A27-A6F2ECBB7F4D.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 0