Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 Internet "Radio" not working.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not opt for the broadcast radio/FM addition to the MCU2 upgrade, as I rarely listen to the radio. I figured I could always use the online version. So the first thing I tried to listen to was a Mariners game. The 710 ESPN main station for them simply flashes between play and pause or something like that. Nothing ever comes up. So I tried a satellite station kxro, and it works for a while and then dies.

I thought maybe it was something about where I was but I've tried it in various places and at various times and those two things are always the same. Is it just the Mariners games? I tried a few other stations and they all seem to work fine whenever I try them. What kind of weirdness is this? Anyone else having a specific radio stations not work?

Not sure about Seattle, but in the northeast most stations that carry baseball (WFAN, WCBS) do not stream it due to rights issues. You may need an account with either XM or MLB and then you can stream from your phone via Bluetooth. I use the MLB app and it works without any issues and does not use a lot of data for audio streaming.

Not sure about Seattle, but in the northeast most stations that carry baseball (WFAN, WCBS) do not stream it due to rights issues. You may need an account with either XM or MLB and then you can stream from your phone via Bluetooth. I use the MLB app and it works without any issues and does not use a lot of data for audio streaming.

I can stream both those radio stations from my phone, anywhere I've been, without problem. They just won't stream on the Tesla in car app. I suppose I should try them when there is not a game on. I think I did on the one, can't remember on the other. I'll try to check that out.