Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meet Tessy, a Model 3 in a custom iridescent wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tinm

2020 Model S LR+ Owner
May 3, 2015
New Mexico, USA
Yesterday at the Tesla Owners Club of New Mexico monthly meetup, members got to see a new Model 3 that's been wrapped in a special iridescent, holographic wrap and then wrapped again in a clear protective wrap. The result commands your attention, for sure.

Photo Aug 26, 12 19 56.jpg
Photo Aug 26, 12 20 23.jpg
Photo Aug 26, 12 20 30.jpg
Photo Aug 26, 12 20 50.jpg
Photo Aug 26, 12 20 54.jpg
Photo Aug 26, 12 21 05.jpg
Photo Aug 26, 12 21 12.jpg
Photo Aug 26, 12 21 20.jpg
Photo Aug 26, 12 21 40.jpg
Photo Aug 26, 12 55 03.jpg

I should add that having now uploaded the photos, the process of converting them to JPEG and then uploading to this site seems to have resulted in exaggerating the iridescence a bit :)

In real life the car is stunning, to be sure, but a little bit more subdued that these photos make it seem.

What's interesting is when the sun goes behind a cloud, much of the iridescent effect goes away, and the car looks more like a shiny silver Model 3. The owner told us that at night, the car really gets attention, especially at a red light or surrounded by other colored lights while driving. It also apparently appears "invisible" at night at times.

I should add that having now uploaded the photos, the process of converting them to JPEG and then uploading to this site seems to have resulted in exaggerating the iridescence a bit :)

In real life the car is stunning, to be sure, but a little bit more subdued that these photos make it seem.

What's interesting is when the sun goes behind a cloud, much of the iridescent effect goes away, and the car looks more like a shiny silver Model 3. The owner told us that at night, the car really gets attention, especially at a red light or surrounded by other colored lights while driving. It also apparently appears "invisible" at night at times.
Are many cars with this wrap package? Invisible at night sounds like tragedy in the making.

Are many cars with this wrap package? Invisible at night sounds like tragedy in the making.

No idea; as far as I know this is the only Model 3 in NM, maybe the U.S., with this wrap. I have not personally seen what the car looks like at night but yeah if it sort of blends in with the road, that might not be good, especially if car has to pull over to the shoulder for some malfunction.