Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 255/40/19 Installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe that when Tesla designed the Model 3 they used 255 tires and then decreased the tire width later in the process to increase the range. These tires look like what should have come on the car in the first place. Even the pics from the owners manual appear to have wider tires than the 235s. I cannot comment on how they effect range because I have not had them long enough, but after I put about 5,000 miles on them, I will compare to my numbers with the OEM Contis and post an update.
Michelin.jpg

Got exact same AS 3+ 255/40/19 put on today. First set only lasted 20k.
Gap from top of tire to suspension knuckle went from about 10mm stock to 5mm now. See photo.
No rubbing.
Loving the smoother ride
20200701_151915.jpg

I believe that when Tesla designed the Model 3 they used 255 tires and then decreased the tire width later in the process to increase the range. These tires look like what should have come on the car in the first place. Even the pics from the owners manual appear to have wider tires than the 235s. I cannot comment on how they effect range because I have not had them long enough, but after I put about 5,000 miles on them, I will compare to my numbers with the OEM Contis and post an update.
View attachment 558813
20200701_152143_HDR-01.jpeg