Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin ps4s 18" replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 p- came with Michelin ps4s tyres and after 22k miles they need a change soon
Looking around there's hardly anywhere which has them in the 18" size, not sure why?

What have people changed them to?
Michelin ps4 (non s)
Michelin ps5
Michelin primacy plus
Michelin e primacy
Continental sport contact 6
Continental eco contact 6
Goodyear eagle asymmetric 6

In last 4 years have tried
  • e-primacy - reasonably priced, did seem to give a slightly longer range, handling a little woolly and they will let you know in no uncertain terms when tire tread is getting low or in my case nearly did a pirouette on a roundabout despite still being legal (just) tread wise.
  • Pilot sport 5 XL. Enjoying these. Very predictable and grippy and apparently a much better tread life than the PS4 T0 (not had long enough to confirm).
So far like PS5, might try these new hankook ion something's that they are sticking on some new Tesla's as an alternative to the e-primacy eco tyre

• e-primacy - reasonably priced, did seem to give a slightly longer range, handling a little woolly and they will let you know in no uncertain terms when tire tread is getting low or in my case nearly did a pirouette on a roundabout despite still being legal (just) tread wise.
  • Pilot sport 5 XL. Enjoying these. Very predictable and grippy and apparently a much better tread life than the PS4 T0 (not had long enough to confirm).
So far like PS5, might try these new hankook ion something's that they are sticking on some new Tesla's as an alternative to the e-primacy eco tyre
Is that a rwd or dual motor you have?

Do the Ions come in 235/45/18 yet?

Agree with that PS5 being a very nice tyre to drive on and if you want to boost your eco credentials they're supposed to be lower particulate too.

I'm not sure I'd want to go for something ultra efficient on that P3- if you're going to end up sliding around on it off roundabouts.

Have just replaced my two rear tyres with Goodyear Asymmetric 6, previously had Asymmetric 5 which I'd covered approx 24k on. I recon they'd have been good for a at least another 2k had one of them not met it's maker. They were around £30 cheaper per tyre than PS4.

Anyone tried the Continental sport contact 7?
They seem to be new and doing well in tests
Not tried them… yet

They’re a strong contender for me, was looking at ps5 but the Conti Sport Contact 7 are coming in cheaper and better reviews on them too

Had the Conti Sport 6 on my S5 and they were great

I’m also looking at sizing wider to 245/45r18 (not too concerned on efficiency but better driving feel)