Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight Silver Metallic is the new Free color!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It really sucks that I paid $1000 extra for metallic grey and took delivery of 2023 MYLR last week of June 2023. Really feel bad they made that color free when I paid 1000 extra 3 weeks ago.

Sorry for sounding cheap but do you all think it is worth asking Tesla for refund/adjustment or SC miles as compensation?

Yes, yes! Please ask them. Then report back here what they say. lol

There are a lot more pissed off folks who bought MY's last fall who are out a lot more cash than $1000, by that standard.

Reactions: paracha3
It really sucks that I paid $1000 extra for metallic grey and took delivery of 2023 MYLR last week of June 2023. Really feel bad they made that color free when I paid 1000 extra 3 weeks ago.

Sorry for sounding cheap but do you all think it is worth asking Tesla for refund/adjustment or SC miles as compensation?

Actually, the day I was to pick mine up, they added 3 months of free supercharging to sweeten the deal for an end of quarter push. The $1000 i 'wasted' by choosing MSM color 3 weeks too early is partially offset by that. Glass half full.

Wouldn't hurt to ask, but like most things Tesla, it is what it is. I was planning to trade in my old vehicle after their initial estimate was inline with what I was being offered by Vroom, Carvana, etc... However, once I received my VIN they gave me an official quote It was over $2k below their low side estimate. In talking with them about it, I realized it was a lost cause and just sold it to a KBB dealer for $3k more than their offer.

The change to MSM as the free color really blows. I took delivery of my 2023 MYLR with MSM on 6/17. My prior M3LR was MSM, and I wanted to keep the same color, so cool with that. If I could've saved the $1,000 on the paint, I would've gone with white seats. It's worth a shot to reach out to Tesla and see if they'll throw some charity towards a member of the Tesla family.

In January Tesla knocked 21% off the price of the MY and didn't give people any compensation even if they had taken delivery at 21% higher the day before.
So no, I don't think Tesla is going to refund/adjust or give SC miles for a $1000 difference.

My original order was for a blue MYSR but was trying to get an EOM/EOQ deal on a MYLR but the largest discount in my area was only $500 off a MYLR in inventory. Well, now that MSM is free and there is an inventory MYLR with MSM in my area, I'm taking delivery on Saturday and the difference is only $1500! Funny how things work out in the end. I was also offered a MYSR w/ 20" wheels for no additional cost but passed as I really prefer the 19" wheels.

For those wanting compensation for the $1000 can I ask where you feel the fair cutoff is for giving compensation? Is it just deliveries the day before?, 2 days before?, 1 week before?, 2 weeks before? Everyone who has ever paid for a MSM MY? Where would Tesla draw the line?

This is why they don't offer compensation and just do a firm cutoff on the day they implement the change. No matter how far back they compensate, there will always be the next guy one day earlier that wants it too.