Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mildew/Mold stain on tan interior! Help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2017 Model S lease is up in October (getting a new one) BUT my toddler spilled milk that went under the seat protector and created a horrible black mold that left a bad stain. I tried a mold/mildew cleaner but it started to lift up the color. It’s bad. Any advice??? 2-year-old has no ideas!

As an owner of a 2 year old I can sympathize, I removed her car seat and there were enough snacks to feed a village for a month.

Try taking it to a detailer and see what they say. But if it were me I’d leave it as is, I mean look at the user cars Tesla has in stock, so many are in crappy condition that I doubt Tesla cares much about the condition

Having just cleaned the scum ring on my pool vinyl liner with a dedicated alkali based vinyl cleaner, it worked pretty well and might be worth a shot, obviously try a small hidden area first, $20 on Amazon

I got my bottle of mildew remover Star Brite in the mail last evening and went right out this morning to give it a try. I was astounded at how well it worked. We cleaned all our cushioned furniture, 4 chairs, a table, a large table umbrella, and two loungers in just about an hour. What an amazing difference! I am so in love with this little bottle! I found that if I just misted the service very very lightly with water and then applied the Star Brite it helped spread it around with the little brush. No heavy scrubbing, just spread it out evenly, wait a couple of minutes and hose it off.

I got my bottle of mildew remover Star Brite in the mail last evening and went right out this morning to give it a try. I was astounded at how well it worked. We cleaned all our cushioned furniture, 4 chairs, a table, a large table umbrella, and two loungers in just about an hour. What an amazing difference! I am so in love with this little bottle! I found that if I just misted the service very very lightly with water and then applied the Star Brite it helped spread it around with the little brush. No heavy scrubbing, just spread it out evenly, wait a couple of minutes and hose it off.
While this mildew remover brags as an immediate and effective mold solution, some stains may not be removed entirely in one go. Do not be discouraged and apply some more on the surface until you see those amazing results.