Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mismatched white dashboard trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

I recently picked up my model 3 rwd with white interior a few weeks ago. I noticed the white dashboard trim not matching the door white trim. I setup a service request and they replaced all 3 pieces. It looks even worse than before (see photo). I checked with a friend who has the white interior and her trims matches (see other photo). So I sent another service request showing both photos showing that it is possible to get the colors matched. They responded saying sorry we won't be replacing the trims again since it was already replaced even though they replaced it with another defective set.

Is there anything I can do at this point? Has anyone run into this problem? I'm very bothered by the color mismatch and the fact that I had to pay more for the white upgrade.

Attachments

• IMG_7546.jpg
    IMG_7546.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 212
Is there anything I can do at this point? Has anyone run into this problem? I'm very bothered by the color mismatch and the fact that I had to pay more for the white upgrade.
If Tesla has replaced the pieces already, they'll claim it's "within spec" and most likely just show you the door if you come back.

I suppose you could try wrapping it with CF or whatever finish of your choice, or possibly try some kind of cleaner?

Hey everyone,

I recently picked up my model 3 rwd with white interior a few weeks ago. I noticed the white dashboard trim not matching the door white trim. I setup a service request and they replaced all 3 pieces. It looks even worse than before (see photo). I checked with a friend who has the white interior and her trims matches (see other photo). So I sent another service request showing both photos showing that it is possible to get the colors matched. They responded saying sorry we won't be replacing the trims again since it was already replaced even though they replaced it with another defective set.

I have this problem with the wood trims on a brand new car (I suspect arising from a sunny two to three month wait on Chinese and Singaporean docks). Waiting to hear what Tesla Australia will do.

Attachments

• IMG_1715.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG
    387.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1717.JPG
    IMG_1717.JPG
    415.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    331.3 KB · Views: 166