Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mistake ordering 19” wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with the 18” wheels, immediately took the aero covers off and put on the Tesla center caps and black lug nut covers.

I get compliments all the time on the rims and people are shocked those are the standard wheels. Most people have assumed they are an upgrade or thought they were aftermarket.

Reactions: Ormond and Chedawg
Are those tires as good as the tires Tesla offers with the 19's?

I know the 18”aero wheels come with all season tires. Do the 19”sport wheels come with summers or also all seasons?

Tesla 19" sport wheels come with Continental ProContact RX all-season tires according to TSportline. That's hardly the best all-season out there.

My price estimate is based on Continental ExtremeContact Sport summer tires, which is 2nd only to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

Reactions: Thomas Edison
You could get the Sport wheels with the car, and then get the Aero wheel winter set. I’ve run two sets of wheels for a decade and am never going back to using summer/all seasons in the winter. Nothing beats proper winter tyres.

Also, it means not having to choose; you get to have both sets of rims and run them each for half the year! Running the aeros in winter will also help offset the cold weather efficiency drop.
That's exactly what I plan to do, and I've also been using proper winter tires for years now. Will buy a set of 18" for winter tires.

I really dislike the way the 18's look with or without the covers. They do look better without the covers but still not great IMO, especially for the price of the car.

I don't feel I'm picky about the look of wheels either, all my cars have factory rims for forever.

I kind of regret buying FSD though.
I agree with you the aeros look really bad.

But damn.. I get frustrated by the range I get on my 19s! I see so many people reporting 230wh per mile... I get closer to 260.. and in most instances I don’t even drive fast.

Between that and vampire drain... I’d drive maybe 230 miles tops if i drove from 100 percent to 0 percent. I would do more on a road trip though.

I agree with you the aeros look really bad.

But damn.. I get frustrated by the range I get on my 19s! I see so many people reporting 230wh per mile... I get closer to 260.. and in most instances I don’t even drive fast.

Between that and vampire drain... I’d drive maybe 230 miles tops if i drove from 100 percent to 0 percent. I would do more on a road trip though.
yes if they just made decent 18s o would not have ordered the 19s. so much for 310 miles of range. I wonder why i can leave my volt for over a week and have no noticable drain... and it has 144k miles on it!

I keep going back and forth on this in my mind too. I like the look of the 19s better, but the 18s look pretty good with the Aero covers off, which is how I would drive it most of the time, and only pop the aeros on for road trips. Also could powder-coat the 18s to make them silver or white, and I think that would pop.
What is powder coating exactly? Those wheels did look better on the beta testing cars when they were silver.