Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile tire service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi guys. Buying some new winter tires off tire rack. Anyone use momentumemobiletire service or simolar mobile svc to come to the house and mount and balance tires and wheels. Anything specific i have to tell them re the model s. I have a 90d 2016 late build btw.

Bump. Having them come tomorrow. What do i tell them if anything special about replacing tires on my car at home. Anything re jack or how much to torque or inflate tires? Settled on michelin x ice from tire rack as nokians sold out everywhere here

Bump. Having them come tomorrow. What do i tell them if anything special about replacing tires on my car at home. Anything re jack or how much to torque or inflate tires? Settled on michelin x ice from tire rack as nokians sold out everywhere here
Jacking and lifting the car is covered in the Owner's Manual, as is the lug nut torque of 129 ft lb.

The only other caution is in positioning the jack so as to not damage the battery housing. There are commercial pads you can use that are excellent and priced accordingly. A hockey puck will work. I expect a piece of wood will work.

Inflate the tires through the valve stem.:D

CA74C4B4-9E39-4CB8-85C3-99B964843064.jpeg It’s in the manual as mentioned but I will add if you have SAS it needs to be disabled before jacking. Again it’s in the manual. 45 psi tire pressure.

The jacking points are recessed so a spacer is needed as mentioned already.

The Xice will serve you well.

Two places for your owners manual. One on your myTesla page under manage then documents.

The other is in your Tesla on your control screen.
Select settings and you can select the manual on very lower left. The categories are showing. Scroll down the jacking section or whatever is your pleasure. You can easily show the tire technician what he needs to about proper jacking of the car.

Do you have air suspension???

No dumb questions here, just a lot of people to help.

Let us know how it all turns out.

Two places for your owners manual. One on your myTesla page under manage then documents.

The other is in your Tesla on your control screen.
Select settings and you can select the manual on very lower left. The categories are showing. Scroll down the jacking section or whatever is your pleasure. You can easily show the tire technician what he needs to about proper jacking of the car.

Do you have air suspension???

No dumb questions here, just a lot of people to help.

Let us know how it all turns out.

Super helpful and will def report back on how it goes. Yes i have air suspension so will read on how to disable it in manual later when i get home. Crossing fingers. Hopefully the x ice will beat out
My stock tires.