Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mod thread of my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, just wanted to start a thread where I track my Model 3 modifications.
If this is the wrong forum can mods please move it to a right place, plese :)

Got my inventory red on white RWD Model 3 Friday 9th, 2 days after ordering :) Initially this was for my wife for daily commute but I'm feeling like I'm not getting back my X :(

First thing got a full Tesmanian floor mats as RWD comes without floor mats at all. Surprisingly affordable set at $190 after discounts compared to $500 from others for a full set

IMG_9699.JPGIMG_9703.jpgIMG_9706.JPGIMG_9705.JPGIMG_9701.JPGIMG_9700.JPG

Biggest upgrade so far is Homelink install , took me probably 45 minutes from start to finish, 25 minutes I wasted looking for a plug, all instruction videos show that plug is on the right side near headlight, but in my 2023 model 3 it was actually right in the middle, so if you want to do Homelink install yourself, look in the center, not side. it is plug and play and takes probably few minutes for car to see it after you enable it in service mode. Saves at least $150 and time vs doing it at Tesla

IMG_9739.JPGIMG_9749.JPGIMG_9748.JPGIMG_9742.JPG

Reactions: Cce32 and brianbcc
Congratulations on your purchase.
What are your future mods that you are looking to do? Are you considering any performance mods? I recently noticed that ingenext is now offering a 50 HP update for the RWD vehicles with the 980 motor and correct battery.

Then Spigen screen protector, love Spigen, use their cases and screen protectors on all our gadgets, so why not Model 3 it is a gadget on wheels afterall ;) hehe
Also got full Abstract Ocean LED replacement lights for doors, trunk and glove box, have no idea how to replace one in arm rest compartment though
:( Just need to buy second LED bar for trunk
IMG_9758.JPGIMG_9757.JPGIMG_9756.JPG

Next thing is a trunk hook, $15 but helps a lot with bags

IMG_9760.JPGIMG_9759.JPG

Also came back from tint shop this morning, XPEL XR Prime PLUS 70% front and 20% back + roof, honestly looks and feels better than 3M Crystalline I use on all my cars.
IMG_9755.JPGIMG_9754.JPG

What's coming next:
  • EURO spec fog lights
  • Unplug Performance front and rear sway bars
  • Hansshow 4 speaker activation cable
  • Tesmanian spoiler
  • Hansshow wide angle blue side mirrors
Wheels and tires maybe in the future :) Something clean and that won't sacrifice efficiency

Reactions: brianbcc
Congratulations on your purchase.
What are your future mods that you are looking to do? Are you considering any performance mods? I recently noticed that ingenext is now offering a 50 HP update for the RWD vehicles with the 980 motor and correct battery.

Thank you!
If it had extra features enabled such as footwell lights etc, that would be useful with 50 more hp, but I feel like 280 hp is more than enough for now :) Maybe in the future

Few updated over the weekend.

Got my Hansshow wide side mirrors, have them on all my cars from various manufacturers, but the same idea wider angle of view
IMG_9850.JPG

IMG_9851.JPG

IMG_9853.JPG

Also got Hansshow basic audio upgrade harness... not worth it, IMO. Not worth the effort and $60, you can't make it sound better. Just a bit more volume. Those 4 speakers that are deactivated are still not good without amp that comes with premium interior. If you really want better sound just pay for premium interior. SR has good audio system for the money.
IMG_9868.JPG
IMG_9870.JPG
IMG_9871.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9867.JPG
    IMG_9867.JPG
    283.9 KB · Views: 62
Since you're not afraid digging into the electronics, I recommend an electric frunk kit. I barely used my frunk because it's such a pain to close, but use it all the time now.
I have that on my X since X has more usable space for things you throw in. I barely use frunk in model 3 as it is not as deep or wide as X. So I usually just throw stuff in trunk. Not sure if I want to spend $400 on frunk yet. Maybe later :)

I have that on my X since X has more usable space for things you throw in. I barely use frunk in model 3 as it is not as deep or wide as X. So I usually just throw stuff in trunk. Not sure if I want to spend $400 on frunk yet. Maybe later :)
I find it useful for slightly dirty stuff like a bundle of firewood or muddy hiking shoes, or takeout food so that it doesn't stink up the interior. :)