Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Black of Silver Illuminated Door Sills

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I have a black/white M3P with the factory black door sills. I'm going to be replacing them with Tesla's illuminated version, but am unsure if I should get the black or silver version. Any recommendations/pics of black M3's with black or silver illuminated door sills? Thanks!

Hi All,

I have a black/white M3P with the factory black door sills. I'm going to be replacing them with Tesla's illuminated version, but am unsure if I should get the black or silver version. Any recommendations/pics of black M3's with black or silver illuminated door sills? Thanks!
I did the silver because it was a nice match with the sport pedals, I’d definitely do silver on a black car.

Tim

09E7D61B-49C6-492A-92C2-072703D902F1.jpeg
11A3232E-4FC7-45E6-B124-21C0CAF46B14.jpeg

I think I have found a solution to the operation of the $250 Tesla OEM accessories illuminated doors sills, front only. It seems the size of the magnet in the contact piece that comes with the sills is so small and the installation tolerance so minute that activation success is difficult. The attached round magnets from Amazon create a much bigger area for the activation zone so chance of connection is so much greater. The magnets just stick on top of the contact point magnet that the OEM provides. The OEM magnet contact pieces are placed on the bottom of the doors and must carefully align with a place on the sill. The correct alignment area between the bottom of the door magnet and the sill point is apparently so small that their placement needs to be so precise. The much larger round magnets from Amazon provide a significantly greater margin for installation alignment and light activation success.

Attachments

• 784FFFD0-B6E0-43DA-93C7-ACD5500F23D6.jpeg
    784FFFD0-B6E0-43DA-93C7-ACD5500F23D6.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 62