Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Camera Defrosters not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you show the B-Pillar with the FLIR?
I just don't see a heating element on it.
1a.png

Last edited:
Now that winter has come around again, it appears that the front AP camera defroster no longer functions when needed (again). Currently on 2020.48.30.

I'm seeing this too but don't know if it is a SW bug or a problem with my windshield or wiring harness (the harness had to be replaced when a wire was pinched during the windshield install a year ago).

Here's a recent pic of my car heating and defrosting remotely for about 15 minutes. The front camera didn't defrost at all. I recall in prior years it would defrost automatically while the car sat idle, even when I didn't preheat the car remotely.
20220201_165836.jpg

I have a service appointment scheduled because the front camera heater is running and I live in Florida. The ambient temperature is 77 degrees. It doesn’t seem correct that should be running when the temperature outside is that high. I texted support and they were able to connect to my car see that the heater was commanded to off but that it was still running. Wish I could get this addressed immediately instead of 7 days.