Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 charging adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I have a 2022 model 3. I have no problem charging in the Tesla super charger , however , lately using my apartment’s charging station called Charge Point, I’ve noticed I only get about 15 miles in charging for 3 hours. I do know that this is a slow charger ,however ,when I got the car in October using the same charger , I was able to get 66 miles in for charging for 3 hours. Could this be that the adapter is not working properly? Again, no problems charging at the Tesla supercharger stations. Anybody else experienced this?

Hi
I have a 2022 model 3. I have no problem charging in the Tesla super charger , however , lately using my apartment’s charging station called Charge Point, I’ve noticed I only get about 15 miles in charging for 3 hours. I do know that this is a slow charger ,however ,when I got the car in October using the same charger , I was able to get 66 miles in for charging for 3 hours. Could this be that the adapter is not working properly? Again, no problems charging at the Tesla supercharger stations. Anybody else experienced this?
Note that a Supercharger delivers DC voltage, which bypasses the car's own internal charger. The ChargePoint station, if it requires this type of adapter (J1722):

1691462993824.png

provides AC voltage to the car; totally different circuit path used between the two. One of those paths can charge the car while the other doesn't. If your slow Level 2 (240VAC) charging problem persists at a different station (using the same J1772 adapter), then I'd suspect the adapter or the car.

Also how long is the warranty for a new adapter ?
Not sure, but it would probably fall under the 4 year bumper-to-bumper warranty. They are relatively cheap; $50 new at the Tesla Shop, sometimes a little bit cheaper from eBay (but used).

Upvote 0