Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 creaking when accelerating from park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the exact same issue. Went in four times total. First time. They changed control arms. The noise decreased but got louder as the weather got colder. Took it back again and they just lubed the bushings. Noise came back. A year later the noise got really bad and they changed the control arms again. Noise really did not go away, Got a text from the service manager asking of thinks were fixed to my satisfaction and I replied no. They wanted me to bring back ASAP to look again. They finally got it. Here is what they found.

Concern: ***REPEAT CONCERN***Customer states: Still have the creak/squeak coming from the front left when pressing down on the left front fender area. Confirmed with drive tech A.R.(CONTROL ARMS JUST CHANGED)
- Technician verified customer of squeaking noise present from left of vehicle.
- Technician raised vehicle and inspected lower suspension components.
- Upon further inspection, technician found left and right stabilizer links wrong orientation on vehicle. - Technician recommends replacing links and verifying correction.
- Technician test drove vehicle and turning wheel to left
- Noise no longer present.

Correction: General Diagnosis
Correction: Link - Stabilizer Bar - Front - Pair (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part
FR STAB LINK ASSY 1PC STUD, RH(1188396-00-B) 1.0 NUT,HF,M12-1.75,[10],ZNNI,PTP(1111543-00-A) 4.0 STABAR LINK ASSY, FRONT-LEFT(1044391-00-D) 1.0