Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creak/crackling sound on 2023 model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brand new M3 has started to make this creaking/crackling sound with acceleration and I was wondering if anyone has come across it:

I was looking at other threads, and it doesn’t sound like the typical upper control arm creak. More like a crackling sound. Sounds like its coming front right side at the bottom near the lower a pillar trim.

Anyone run across this before? I ordered some gummi plfedge to see if it is coming from the door seals, but seems odd that it would be acting up already.

It comes on with acceleration or when regen breaking kicks in, and seems to be random as to how loud it is. On the highway sounds like incremental clicks the harder it’s accelerating, which will click back on deceleration (? body frame flexing)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

While it is creaking try pressing down on the top of the dash just to the left of the steering wheel: start at the rear of the dash and move forward toward the windshield pressing in different spots. See if it goes away. Also try pressing against the top front corner/arc of the a-pillar. It sounds similar to a couple creaks I had and corrected in those areas.

Mike

Reactions: android04
Hi. I was wondering if the OP ever resolved this issue? I have the same exact noise in my 2023 Model 3. Thankfully it only occurs at high speed approx 60 mph and above but it is pretty loud and annoying. Other than this, the car is perfect. Thanks for your help.

To me that sounds like an interior noise, rather an exterior/suspension noise.

I have a similar issue but I am pretty positive mine is exterior. This is after the front stabilizer bar and both sides upper control arms were replaced.

Yeah, I had a snapping sound last night that startled me. Sounded like something fell on the roof or something. I was moving slowly in a parking lot at the time and made a turn when it happened.

We had a "cold front" come through last night and it had cooled off by about 20 degrees or so, and I thought maybe it was the glass roof adjusting to the difference in expansion/contraction.

Is that common?

To me that sounds like an interior noise, rather an exterior/suspension noise.

I have a similar issue but I am pretty positive mine is exterior. This is after the front stabilizer bar and both sides upper control arms were replaced.

Was this issue resolved? Mine is making the same noise. Tesla gave me preestimate of $210. I have about 50k miles on it, should be covered warranty right?