Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model 3 dual motor HW3 software upgrade failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the first software upgrade to 2018.16 failed on my May 2019 model 3 with hardware version 3. I'm turning it in this week to tesla service center and was worried about how long it'll be there. Tesla reached out and offered me a model S P90D rental for free until I get my dual motor full AP model 3 back. :)

Has anyone else experienced a software upgrade failure on their model 3 HW3 car? Is there any info on what's causing this failure?

I'm not on HW3 but software update failure is pretty common. They can usually fix it over the air, if not its just a matter of plugging the car in and updating it. I would not expect your car to be the shop very long. Probably just diagnostics, they took mine overnight for a weird software issue just so they could investigate. Tesla software is not very mature and bugs are pretty common.

My service agreement listed the service as a mismatch between OS and a controller motor firmware on the cabin heating loop. Said they might have to replace the physical part. o_O

also.. it seems I'm customer #1 of the self-service service trial in DFW. O_O Had no idea such a thing was even being trialed! Maybe that's part of why I got a p90D w/ lud+ mode as my loaner. LOL