Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 feature and engineering changes over time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CharleyBC

Jun 28, 2019
Talent, OR
This seems like the sort of thing someone on this forum would have compiled, and keep compiling over time. Had I thought of it, I would have done it!

I'm looking for the changes to the Model 3 since the first shipments to now, and when each such change rolled out. I know with Tesla the change dates aren't as simple as a model year. For example, my son and I both have 2018-built cars about three months apart, and my car (being newer) has a few improvements relative to his.

I did find a list in post #10 of this thread. It's pretty good, but it begins in 2019 and only dates some of the changes.

Has anyone put together such a list? If not, I might just undertake a research project......

This seems like the sort of thing someone on this forum would have compiled, and keep compiling over time. Had I thought of it, I would have done it!

I'm looking for the changes to the Model 3 since the first shipments to now, and when each such change rolled out. I know with Tesla the change dates aren't as simple as a model year. For example, my son and I both have 2018-built cars about three months apart, and my car (being newer) has a few improvements relative to his.

I did find a list in post #10 of this thread. It's pretty good, but it begins in 2019 and only dates some of the changes.

Has anyone put together such a list? If not, I might just undertake a research project......

That post you link to is the most comprehensive one I have seen on TMC related to model 3s. There may be one somewhere else on the internet but not here (other than that one put together by @voltswagen ).