Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for someone to take over remaining Model 3 lease.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! I currently have a 2023 black Model 3 (black interior) with a completion date of 9/5/2026. I’ve had the vehicle for 6 months and due to recent changes in my life, I am unable to complete the lease. Since it is practically new; the tires, brakes, and overall condition are in excellent condition. The current lease payment is $659/mo. I initially put $5k down, which I am NOT seeking reimbursement for. Additionally, I have an at-home, renter friendly, 110V charger that is free with the vehicle. I am located in Western, NY, although I’d be open to negotiating transport in other areas of NY or nearby states! Please feel free to contact me on social media or here :)
**no pets have been in the vehicle, non-smoking, housed overnight in a garage since the start of ownership!**

Attachments

• IMG_2591.jpeg
    IMG_2591.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Informative
Reactions: IdaX and KenC
Hi! I currently have a 2023 black Model 3 (black interior) with a completion date of 9/5/2026. I’ve had the vehicle for 6 months and due to recent changes in my life, I am unable to complete the lease. Since it is practically new; the tires, brakes, and overall condition are in excellent condition. The current lease payment is $659/mo. I initially put $5k down, which I am NOT seeking reimbursement for. Additionally, I have an at-home, renter friendly, 110V charger that is free with the vehicle. I am located in Western, NY, although I’d be open to negotiating transport in other areas of NY or nearby states! Please feel free to contact me on social media or here :)
**no pets have been in the vehicle, non-smoking, housed overnight in a garage since the start of ownership!**
I'm not sure if it is an issue, but have you looked at your lease agreement to see if assumptions are allowed?

I have been a big advocate of leasing for years and have had many vehicle leases. I never (with only one exception) ran a lease until its expiration. I would always trade out of the lease for a different car, and it was an easy-peasy process. The car would be appraised by the dealer and a trade-in value established, after which I'd either pay the difference (if any) between the trade-in value and the lease payoff, or roll it over into the new lease.

After looking at the Tesla lease program I decided it is one of the worst in the industry and I financed mine.

I have been a big advocate of leasing for years and have had many vehicle leases. I never (with only one exception) ran a lease until its expiration. I would always trade out of the lease for a different car, and it was an easy-peasy process. The car would be appraised by the dealer and a trade-in value established, after which I'd either pay the difference (if any) between the trade-in value and the lease payoff, or roll it over into the new lease.

After looking at the Tesla lease program I decided it is one of the worst in the industry and I financed mine.
Why is it one of the worst?

Hi! I currently have a 2023 black Model 3 (black interior) with a completion date of 9/5/2026. I’ve had the vehicle for 6 months and due to recent changes in my life, I am unable to complete the lease.