Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered a Model 3 Performance version, and have my 6 month old (5,400 miles) Model 3 long range for sale in Orange County, CA. It has the enhanced autopilot and premium package. It is Midnight silver, with 18 inch aero wheels. It's a great car. Asking $54,500.

So you paid $54k got $10k in rebates for a total price of $44k, drove it for 6 months and somehow think it appreciated $10k (23%)? Anything on wheels goes down in value, especially the first 6 months of its useful life.
No replies because we all known what these cars area are worth. Maybe try Craigslist or eBay where you can find someone who doesn’t know the true cost.

So you paid $54k got $10k in rebates for a total price of $44k, drove it for 6 months and somehow think it appreciated $10k (23%)? Anything on wheels goes down in value, especially the first 6 months of its useful life.
No replies because we all known what these cars area are worth. Maybe try Craigslist or eBay where you can find someone who doesn’t know the true cost.

Agreed!! The time to cash in anywhere near sticker on your model 3 was about 2 months ago... majority of people are springing for the performance edition. But with that being said GLWS

OP, are you intentionally charging a premium with the thought that market value still supports it or was that an accident? No judgement from me either way. If people are paying 55k for these still then people are still paying 55k and I don’t blame you for asking.

I’m ready to make a real offer just to save myself the hassle of filing for the California rebate and the federal credit but at $50,000 I’d still be paying your asking price after tax whereas if I just exercise my purchase option I can get a zero mile car for $52675.

And while I haven’t been following the 3 for a few months now, it’s my understanding that if you want rear wheel drive, non performance that pretty much anyone can hop in line and build that car for quick delivery now, negating the need for a premium.

If you get to the point where you’re entertaining lower offers drop me a line. I’m in LA and ready to buy. It would need to be at a price that makes sense though. If you can get 55k, best of luck to you and I don’t blame you one bit.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
As anyone in the US can now order a Model 3 and get the car in a time frame similar to most other custom orders (e.g., a BMW order), and still with full tax credit (3-5 months which would come before end of 2018), I would think the pre-owned price should now become more normal.