Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3: Hitch Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Telstar, you have the TorkLift hitch? How do you like the bolt to attach the receiver? I'm debating between the StealthHitches one but it is ~$200 more but has the quick release. My main worry would be any X or Y with the TorkLift model, as some YT reviewers mentioned that being an issue. Not needing a tool out in the wild also makes the StealthHitches one more appealing. Just unsure if that's worth the $200 more.

Thanks for the pic btw, looks like you're set up pretty well!

I have the ecohitch. Taking the receiver on and off is a bit of a pain, as the bolt has limited access for a wrench to swing, and you are down under the rear bumper so you need to lie on the ground to do it. But I find I just leave the receiver in place. I notice it, and it looks a bit odd down there, but I'm not sure anyone else does. If you do intend to install and remove it often, the stealth hitch may be a more convenient solution (but I have not installed or removed a stealth hitch receiver, so I can't speak to how easy it is.)