Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Illuminated Door Sills anyone installed them on their car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Noticed this morning on the Tesla site that Model 3 Illuminated Door Sills are in stock.

Has anyone installed the Model 3 Illuminated Door Sills on their car and does anyone have any pictures that they could share?

Thanks!

I have fitted the sills. I think they look great. I can post some picks if anyone is really interested but no pic I take is going to give any more info than the pics on the website.
I do have some feedback on installation though.

You may have seen the YouTube video of Tesla Raj installing them on his car. I can confirm that the 2021 model is different and I didn't have anywhere near the trouble he had taking his existing sills off. Plus the templates supplied put the magnets exactly in the right place on mine unlike his on a pre 2021 Model 3.
I was able to take my existing sills off without damaging them.
Getting the adhesive off the door frame was a bit of a mission but I have some tips.
Firstly use a hairdryer or heat gun on that as well. It says to use one on the old sills to loosen the adhesive and make it easier to remove but I also used the heat gun on the adhesive on the frame and it made it way easier to remove. The second door I did it on was way quicker than the first as I learnt that trick towards the end of the first one.
And even though it says on the instructions not wear the gloves when removing the adhesive I found if I heated it up with the heat gun and had the gloves still on the rubber coating on the gloves stopped me from burning my thumb on the adhesive. I got a blister on one thumb.
So heat it up and use the gloves to rub it off and it comes off pretty fast and easy.
I also had a bottle of alcohol spray from when I removed and replaced the badges on the car and that really helped with final clean up to remove the rest of the adhesive residue. The two alcohol wipes they give you with the kit are nowhere near enough.

If you want to know anything else just ask.