Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 in Northern VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I am Cam. I was bored over the Christmas break and bought a Model 3. RWD Mid-Range, Pearle White, Black with I had planned to keep my BMW 428XI another year but the Model 3 had me intrigued and I wanted the $7500 tax incentive. After watching a bunch of YouTube videos I pulled the trigger on Sat. 12/22. Delivery was scheduled for 12/23 but, the dealer was having issues with DMV. I did use the 4 hours of waiting to test drive, schedule a solar installation consult, and enjoyed a lunch offer from the dealer for my wife and me. I am looking into Level 2 chargers now.

Some comfort items I will miss (from my BMW and Volvo XC40)
  • Open air Sun/Moonroof
  • 360 view camera display.
  • L/R front parking cameras
  • Color customized LED interior
  • Auto Trunk Liftgate with swing kick opening
  • Push button trunk close
  • Apple Carplay
Otherwise, I am pleased.

HI Cam and welcome to the Tesla Motor Club!

Congratulations on getting your Tesla Model 3 and getting in on the $7500 tax credit. It looks like you put your waiting time to good use :).

Lots of useful information on this site and knowledgeable members to help with any questions. I used to have a BMW several years ago and will always miss it, however that was the past and my Tesla is the future. I think my ICE days are gone for good having experienced what a good electric vehicle is capable of doing. I think it is capable of changing lifestyles beyond driving. I always wanted to get solar panels on my house and getting my Model 3 gave me the push to finally get them along with Tesla PowerWalls and HPWC. My wife even has her eye on the upcoming Volvo all electric XC40 which might be available late 2019 or in 2020. For her It will be between the Volvo and the upcoming Tesla Model Y. Again, welcome to the club!

HI Cam and welcome to the Tesla Motor Club!

Congratulations on getting your Tesla Model 3 and getting in on the $7500 tax credit. It looks like you put your waiting time to good use :).

Lots of useful information on this site and knowledgeable members to help with any questions. I used to have a BMW several years ago and will always miss it, however that was the past and my Tesla is the future. I think my ICE days are gone for good having experienced what a good electric vehicle is capable of doing. I think it is capable of changing lifestyles beyond driving. I always wanted to get solar panels on my house and getting my Model 3 gave me the push to finally get them along with Tesla PowerWalls and HPWC. My wife even has her eye on the upcoming Volvo all electric XC40 which might be available late 2019 or in 2020. For her It will be between the Volvo and the upcoming Tesla Model Y. Again, welcome to the club!
Thanks for the welcome! We just returned from Sweden for European delivery on our ICE XC40 and heard about the EV model under development. It's an exciting time for EVs!
drink.gif

Thanks for the welcome! We just returned from Sweden for European delivery on our ICE XC40 and heard about the EV model under development. It's an exciting time for EVs!
drink.gif

Welcome back! Yes, it is an exciting time for electric vehicles. Everyone has opened their eyes on how it is time to rethink the way vehicles are designed. European delivery? AWESOME! I almost did that with my BMW and I am planning to do that with the Electric XC40 if we don't get the Model Y. I might ask you some questions on that when the time comes ;).