Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is This "In Spec?"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There should be a consumer law allowing vehicle returns within 3 days and up to say 100 miles of delivery due to defects/wind noise/issues with a record that vehicle was rejected. I guarantee you companies like Tesla will ramp up their lacking QC at the production line if so.

Reactions: GuyDude
3 core reasons to use my 14 day hold now:

1) Discomfort with this vehicle
2) 2023 VIN when it would seem 2024 are coming
3) Rumored changes of efficiency package and steering wheel horn

Risk is after 14 days I’m just reassigned the same VIN.

I’m strongly leaning just delaying. Sometimes the world tells you something and you just have to listen?

Hey, you’re at great risk of having to pay 5k more if you ordered your MXP at 90K. Look at the 80K delivery thread where people are being forced to modify order with higher price via app. No clarity if this is a bug or price change forced due to new features. So now think harder before rejecting to get a 2024!

Last edited:
Reactions: RyanC1384
Today was my delivery day.

I texted them that I would be unable to pickup and I’d like to put a 14 day hold on my account / release the VIN.

They asked how long it would take for me to pickup and I said: 1/26.

They then cancelled my appointment. It now asks me to schedule pickup for 1/8-1/15 but they told me this VIN would be released.

"Given that you will not be available until the end of this month, we will release this VIN from your order and place your order on a one-time 14-day hold. Your order would not be cancelled until or unless you are unable to proceed with the next VIN that is assigned to this order after the hold period has expired."

Crossing my fingers for a 2024!

Last edited: