Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Interior A/C randomly turning and headlights randomly turning on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With my 2018 Model 3P Tesla, I recently started experiencing issues with my interior a/c and headlights randomly coming on after I exit the vehicle. I am the original owner of this vehicle and the problem with the interior a/c and headlights only recently started happening.

The interior a/c or headlights have been randomly coming on after I park and exit the car. And no, it is not the fan trying to cool down the battery. The A/C system is coming on and cooling down the interior of the car to whatever temperature the climate control is set to for the interior of the car. Likewise, the headlights of the car are intermittently coming on or not shutting off. I will come out to my garage hours later and the headlights to the car are still on. I have never previously experienced these problems with the car for the last 5 years that I have owned it. I am doing nothing different with the operation of the car since I owned it. I have tried doing a reset on the car computer a couple of times but it has not fixed the problems. I am suspecting that it the result of some update or my computer system is somehow now compromised.

Anyone else experiencing these problems and have a solution?

I'd say its time to make a service appointment. But in the meantime before getting out of your car the next time, turn off the heat/AC manually and do the same with the lights. If they stay off it will help to minimize the drain on your battery. And, whether the lights and heat/ac stays off or not may help the techs at Tesla figure out what's going on

The lights and a/c are actually off when I exit and walk away from the vehicle so there is nothing to turn off when I am leaving the vehicle. On random occasions, I will come back to my vehicle and find either the lights or ac on.