Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Lift Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I'm interested in the Model 3 lift kit to raise my LR RWD by 1.75 inches, sold by Mountain Pass Performance. The car will be easier to get in and out, and ride height/visibility will improve. I will accept the range reduction. Can anyone tell me:

1) Since I'm lifting the car, what suspension can I put in that will *noticeably* improve the ride quality/stiff suspension compared to my stock suspension from my June2018 Model3 build? I don't mind losing handling ability, I just want ride comfort on bumpy Los Angeles streets. I know there is "comfort" suspension with dampers, but will it be noticeably more comfortable than stock suspension?

2) After the lift kit is on, should I keep my stock 18 inch wheels? Can I get even more ride comfort by getting tires for the stock 18s that have a larger diameter (more cushy ride?)

Any info is appreciated!
Joe

Hi Joe,

You can run slightly larger diameter tires, or even 17" wheels so you can get more sidewall with the same tire diameter. Our Comfort RWD suspension does ride better than the OEM suspension, but I would manage your expectations by letting you know that it won't feel like an old Cadillac, it is still sporty.

The lift kits will be back in stock next week too!

If you ever have any other questions, we are always happy to help, just shoot us an email at [email protected]

Hello, I'm interested in the Model 3 lift kit to raise my LR RWD by 1.75 inches, sold by Mountain Pass Performance. The car will be easier to get in and out, and ride height/visibility will improve. I will accept the range reduction. Can anyone tell me:

1) Since I'm lifting the car, what suspension can I put in that will *noticeably* improve the ride quality/stiff suspension compared to my stock suspension from my June2018 Model3 build? I don't mind losing handling ability, I just want ride comfort on bumpy Los Angeles streets. I know there is "comfort" suspension with dampers, but will it be noticeably more comfortable than stock suspension?

2) After the lift kit is on, should I keep my stock 18 inch wheels? Can I get even more ride comfort by getting tires for the stock 18s that have a larger diameter (more cushy ride?)

Any info is appreciated!
Joe
Joe, did you ever end up doing this? i am considering the same kit and curious as to your feedback. did you install it yourself? or have a pr do it? did you end up going with a new suspension as well? different tires? Thanks!