Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any lifted Model 3 owners here?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar to what Model Y guys have here Lifted Model Y Owners: Report! wanted to see what others did to their Model 3s.. I know I know these cars are not meant to be offroaders or even campers due to 4 door body style, but hopefully someone did the same thing as I did last night :)

IMG_4261.JPGIMG_4259.JPGIMG_4239.JPGIMG_4240.JPGIMG_4242.JPG

Got MPP lift kit, replaced my Tein Flex Z coilovers, put back stock ones for now (I might get Tein struts in the future to increase comfort) and now we are sitting higher than stock Model Y I believe? LR MY has 6.8 inch ground clearance and Model 3 has 5.5 + 1.75 MPP lift kit = 7.25. If I get 235/50 R18 which is 1 inch taller than OEM, that gives extra 0.5, total 7.75 inch ground clearance

Its RWD, so no offroad for me, just wanted extra road clearance and a bit different setup after being lowered and among hundreds of thousands Model 3s in my area... anyway, what tire you guys recommend for daily use:
Falken Wildpeak AT, to complete the look, so it looks more rugged.... though its 7 lb heavier per tire
Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 10.26.02 AM.png
OR go with more commute friendly Michelin Crossclimate 2
Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 10.26.17 AM.png

or Continental DWS06 Plus,

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 10.26.29 AM.png

I personally had all tires on my other cars including MX, Odyssey, CR-V etc, just wanted to see what Tesla owner recommend. I'm currently on my OEM tires.
Tire size I'm looking is 235/50 R18 is what recommended by MPP
Any input?
I don't really care much about efficiency tbh as long as car is reliable and ready to go :) I'm coming from 2018 MX that had 400wh/m efficiency lol

I'll be happy if you guys post your lifted Model 3 or 235/50 R18 tires here

I lifted my M3P a couple of months ago and it makes for much more relaxed driving with all the speed bumps. I have used the PLM Motorsports kit which looks exactly the same as the MPP kit.
I run Kleber Quadraxer 3 all season tyres in 255/40R19. Kleber is the budget brand of Michelin and the Quadraxer looks very similar to the CrossClimate2.
I have looked at all terrain tyres but they are not available in tbe size I wanted.

I've got a lifted 3 with the MPP kit as well as their comfort adjustable (and the skid plate as well as the rear camber arms). Have put about 17k miles on the setup thus far. Swapped from snow to all seasons and back to snow and the tire place was impressed with how evenly the 4 tires were wearing. Saw 4 other 3s and a couple Ys on the day I got the tire swap. 10/10 would recommend (if you can stomach the extra cost) and if I were to get a Y I'd probably do the same thing immediately. Recently took a short "winter conditions" driving class and all the instructors commented on how flat and controlled the car looked while at the limits.