Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed Whiteline Camber Arms tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Whiteline Camber arms earlier than expected and installed them tonight. I watched a lot of videos on how to install these and read a lot of directions and some things were missing from pretty much all of them. They said 21mm socket. That is great, but no where did they say you need a deep and a shallow socket. I suppose technically you don't need a deep socket if you can fit your torquewrench by the hub without a deep socket, but my torque wrench wasn't doing that.

But the MAJOR thing, most of the camber arms say you don't need to preload the suspension. That sounded good however after I took the arms off and made sure the new arms were the same length, no way were these arms going back in. I finally had to put a jack under the suspension toward the back where the calipers are to lift in the right direction to get the arms to fit. Even with the stock arms, no way were they going back on. Maybe I did something massively wrong as no one talks about this, but as soon as I got the suspension to normal ride height, I could then get the stock or aftermarket arms back in.