Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mud Flaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the pic. I have full exterior Xpel PPF, but have had my mud flaps off for a while. I'll be putting them back on now that Fall is here...

Hey out of curiosity, are your mud flaps the type which required a small hole to be drilled into the plastic liner on the front wheels? if so, what do you do when you take off the mudflaps for summer, just cover the hole up with some 3M tape or something?

Hey out of curiosity, are your mud flaps the type which required a small hole to be drilled into the plastic liner on the front wheels? if so, what do you do when you take off the mudflaps for summer, just cover the hole up with some 3M tape or something?

Yes - they are the ones from China that require a hole for the screw. I actually never drilled a hole, as I discovered my drill and/or battery was dead. So, I had temporarily installed the front using 3M double stick tape at the top of the flap near the hole .... and the tape held !!

Reactions: jebinc
Bad weather in your area doesn't mean that I can't complain with mine :)
Lots of areas I drive in BC here are covered with sand and mud which deteriorate paint jobs quickly.
Actually, it kind of does. If you're concerned about the 4 days of mud you need to deal with, buy the optional ones. This is literally a live picture of Calgary right now vs a live pic of Vancouver downtown. Which ones do you think should get free mudflaps?

Live pic of Calgary:
loc38.jpg

Live pic of Vancouver:
RobsonWest_Granville.jpg
GranvilleNorth_Nelson_South.jpg

Actually, it kind of does. If you're concerned about the 4 days of mud you need to deal with, buy the optional ones. This is literally a live picture of Calgary right now vs a live pic of Vancouver downtown. Which ones do you think should get free mudflaps?

Live pic of Calgary:
loc38.jpg

Live pic of Vancouver:
RobsonWest_Granville.jpg
GranvilleNorth_Nelson_South.jpg

Except I don't live in Vancouver downtown area, I hope you aren't that ignorant thinking that your picture represents entire BC driveway. It looks pretty much like your first picture when it's winter in here.

Though I don't get why you bother with bringing up all the live pictures and disagreeing my post etc, to just show how crappy weather you are living in? Again Tesla giving away free stuff to BC or not is completely unrelated to you. Kinda funny actually:D

Except I don't live in Vancouver downtown area, I hope you aren't that ignorant thinking that your picture represents entire BC driveway. It looks pretty much like your first picture when it's winter in here.

Though I don't get why you bother with bringing up all the live pictures and disagreeing my post etc, to just show how crappy weather you are living in? Again Tesla giving away free stuff to BC or not is completely unrelated to you. Kinda funny actually:D
lol give me a goddamn break. You literally live in Courtenay BC on Vancouver Island, running your mouth on the internet like you’re rolling around in Fort Nelson and that better represents your plight, lol.

You’re pissing and moaning about free mudflaps while living in a place that, per the below, literally has one of the mildest winters in all of Canada, get out of here with that garbage. Go out and enjoy your 9 degrees and sunny weather tomorrow, I’m sure your flowing tears about not getting free mudflaps will provide enough protection from the sun!

Courtenay, British Columbia - Wikipedia

The climate in Courtenay is very similar to that of the rest of Vancouver Island, classified as a marine west coast oceanic climate. In the summer months it can sometimes be considered to have a Mediterranean like climate due to the low levels of precipitation and drying in the summer months. In the spring and fall seasons, Courtenay tends to be quite cool and wet. It has one of the mildest winters in Canada along with several other locations on the island such as Victoria.[16] The high precipitation levels can be attributed to both the oceanic climate and also its proximity to the Insular Mountain range which results in the rain shadow effect. Courtenay has quite mild winters, maintaining the cool and damp characteristics, but temperatures can drop below freezing levels and snow may happen throughout the season due to Arctic air movements.

lol give me a goddamn break. You literally live in Courtenay BC on Vancouver Island, running your mouth on the internet like you’re rolling around in Fort Nelson and that better represents your plight, lol.

You’re pissing and moaning about free mudflaps while living in a place that, per the below, literally has one of the mildest winters in all of Canada, get out of here with that garbage. Go out and enjoy your 9 degrees and sunny weather tomorrow, I’m sure your flowing tears about not getting free mudflaps will provide enough protection from the sun!

Courtenay, British Columbia - Wikipedia

The climate in Courtenay is very similar to that of the rest of Vancouver Island, classified as a marine west coast oceanic climate. In the summer months it can sometimes be considered to have a Mediterranean like climate due to the low levels of precipitation and drying in the summer months. In the spring and fall seasons, Courtenay tends to be quite cool and wet. It has one of the mildest winters in Canada along with several other locations on the island such as Victoria.[16] The high precipitation levels can be attributed to both the oceanic climate and also its proximity to the Insular Mountain range which results in the rain shadow effect. Courtenay has quite mild winters, maintaining the cool and damp characteristics, but temperatures can drop below freezing levels and snow may happen throughout the season due to Arctic air movements.

Rofl this is hilarious, way to go finding and researching where I live! Wasn't even hiding obviously :) Like I said it gets sandy and muddy because of frequent heavy rain and flood and also gets snowy(surprise!) in winter, so no matter how your 'research' says, my car's bottom gets pretty dirty. Remember it's called a 'mud flap'. Didn't even mention about snow in my previous posts.

And yet you are Still crying in anger saying 'oh stfu I live in shittier weather you don't deserve mud flaps blah blah' which is none of your business for third time, in case you still haven't realized. But I don't care, go on and do some more research if you'd like. You must have lots of free time.

Btw man, look where your unnecessary grumpiness lead to! All I did was a little 'sigh', it wasn't like I raised a petition to Tesla for free mud flaps in BC or something. Reminds me of my colleague who has to be nosy at everything around and argues with everyone, eventually being hated by everyone ;) Stay calm man!

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc