Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mud Flaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First drive into work this morning with the flaps (26km hwy driving) and from a first look they didn't effect efficiency. At the very least they didn't completely kill it which is a good thing :) I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 1-ish % hit, but that would be in the noise of driving style, wind, weather, speed, etc.

I have these on order. Will update in two to four weeks? o_O:rolleyes:

upload_2019-7-15_13-6-40.png

I have PPF all around including the wheel well lips and the rockers... although the front left has been shredded by road debris, thus why I'm ordering mud flaps :)

I get it. Please let us know how the one's you ordered work, post pictures, etc. Since those are very flexible/rubbery, also give us your thoughts on whether or not you think grit can get between the "wrap around lip" and paint causing damage to the paint, etc. :confused: This is one reason why I went with the ones that I did, for now... No PPF on my car so I need the protection NOW! :p

Last edited:
I get it. Please let us know how the one's you ordered work, post pictures, etc. Since those are very flexible/rubbery, also give us your thoughts on whether or not you think grit can get between the "wrap around lip" and paint causing damage to the paint, etc. :confused: This is one reason why I went with the ones that I did, for now... No PPF on my car so I need the protection NOW! :p

You could get some 3M PPF 6" rolls for quite cheap off Amazon. Maybe enough to cover the rockers. The precut ones are quite expensive.

https://www.amazon.ca/VViViD-Clear-...6"+roll&qid=1563211468&s=gateway&sr=8-2-fkmr2

Save the extra bits and bulk up rubbing areas.

The only problem I see with the Tsolutions mudflaps is that the top end of it is only secured by 3M tape. Not sure how long that will hold out. The one from Antirouille Bolduc looks good but too expensive at $150

True, but I prefer that to drilling and rust formation from the drilled hole. Additionally, per the Tsolutions site, they offer a "Money back guarantee," if not satisfied. I plan to clean the area good with 91% isopropyl alcohol and press for 60 seconds, as the instructions suggest, to ensure "curing" of the adhesive.

True, but I prefer that to drilling and rust formation from the drilled hole. Additionally, per the Tsolutions site, they offer a "Money back guarantee," if not satisfied. I plan to clean the area good with 91% isopropyl alcohol and press for 60 seconds, as the instructions suggest, to ensure "curing" of the adhesive.
I don't know about Seattle but we use a ton of salt in Toronto and that's why I'm leery of the 3M tape, plus the fact that snow clings to mudflaps. If Antirouille Boluduc would drop his price to $50 I'd be willing to order his.
Decisions, decisions.
I may go with the Tsolutions but I like the LFOTTP as it looks sturdier but not sure if it requires drilling