Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mud Flaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What did you expect from a com
All, I'm disappointed to write that the front flaps of the North versions of the EV mud flaps made and sold out of Quebec (EV Mudflaps par Antirouille Bolduc) are designed too big. I wrote them indicating that I've bottomed-out on speed bumps several times and the response was, to quote:

"Yes, indeed, the North Edition touch the speed bumps. Usually the customers who make us the remark are rather happy that the speed bump hits the mudflaps and not the car !! You can cut the front mudguards with a sheet metal chisel or purchase the MidWest."

and then when I indicated in a second email that this is a ridiculous statement as all mud flaps will hit a speed bump before the car, that the company should be indicating to potential customers that owners with the North edition regularly hit speed bumps, and that I'd like them to send me some Midwest front flaps that aren't so long I was told, to quote:

"I mean you are not the first customer to remark that the mudflaps hits the speed bumps, but you are the first to request another kit no charge."

Needless to say, they did not offer to send me replacement front flaps.
This is really disappointing to me: clearly the company is aware of a problem but not telling customers this, and they are not willing to rectify the problem. This is even more disappointing given the number of people that have said that 'Eric takes care of them'. The cost of a set of front flaps must be tiny - they are cut from a flat piece of plastic.

Anyway, caution in purchasing from this company.

Sorry to hear this, but not really a surprise. What did you expect from a guy gouging people $150 for flat plastic flaps that others sell for $30? And, those selling the fairly priced alternatives (e.g., tsolutions), will send you shorter front flaps for free should you have a speed bump issue. Buyer beware.

Last edited:
All, I'm disappointed to write that the front flaps of the North versions of the EV mud flaps made and sold out of Quebec (EV Mudflaps par Antirouille Bolduc) are designed too big. I wrote them indicating that I've bottomed-out on speed bumps several times and the response was, to quote:

"Yes, indeed, the North Edition touch the speed bumps. Usually the customers who make us the remark are rather happy that the speed bump hits the mudflaps and not the car !! You can cut the front mudguards with a sheet metal chisel or purchase the MidWest."

and then when I indicated in a second email that this is a ridiculous statement as all mud flaps will hit a speed bump before the car, that the company should be indicating to potential customers that owners with the North edition regularly hit speed bumps, and that I'd like them to send me some Midwest front flaps that aren't so long I was told, to quote:

"I mean you are not the first customer to remark that the mudflaps hits the speed bumps, but you are the first to request another kit no charge."

Needless to say, they did not offer to send me replacement front flaps.
This is really disappointing to me: clearly the company is aware of a problem but not telling customers this, and they are not willing to rectify the problem. This is even more disappointing given the number of people that have said that 'Eric takes care of them'. The cost of a set of front flaps must be tiny - they are cut from a flat piece of plastic.

Anyway, caution in purchasing from this company.
Wow, what a terrible response. To claim no one else has asked for replacements and to basically tell you to cut them yourself? Wow again.

Thanks for posting. Hopefully the seller will realize this isn't a way to do business in the modern age where word of mouth travels fast. Especially for a product selling for 5x what it should be....

Had I known about the tsolutions flaps I would've tried those! cheers

What did you expect from a com

Sorry to hear this, but not really a surprise. What did you expect from a guy gouging people $150 for flat plastic flaps that others sell for $30? And, those selling the fairly priced alternatives (e.g., tsolutions), will send you shorter front flaps for free should you have a speed bump issue. Buyer beware.

Reactions: jebinc
Arrived in the mail a while ago. Busy summer and kept putting the install off. Better get it done before winter though! :D

Dirty car - recently returned from camping and mud flaps would have been nice!

View attachment 444687 View attachment 444688

Made PPF cut outs larger than mud flaps to pad the area from rubbing.
View attachment 444689 View attachment 444690 View attachment 444691

Front ones are little loose at the top, don't know how to secure them more with provided screws. Lets see how they hold up. LF, LR, RF, RR pictures in this order:

View attachment 444693 View attachment 444694 View attachment 444695 View attachment 444696

This is the best solution of them all. These are designed like how OEM manufacturers generally make their mudflap. I bought these some time ago along with a roll of XPEL PPF. Will trace the ppf to have about 3mm border showing around the mudflap. The flat ones look too much like an afterthought and at $150+ it is not good value.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
I installed the TapTes molded mud flaps yesterday on my SR+. Overall, they are really easy to install. It's might look complicated, even more when you realize there's no instruction in the box (they swapped them for a dose of toxic smell), but in the end it took me less time to install the mud flaps than it was to wash the car :D.

Do you know if anyone has had any paint damage with those? I saw people complaining about that on another thread.

I would be getting xpel underneath them out of paranoia.
Not sure what “those” are... I assume you mean the Chinese molded set. If so, I have not read of any actual damage, just fear of it. Most overly concerned folk just put some PPF on to give themselves comfort. I tried and like both the Chinese and flat Tsolutions sets.

Quick update on my Tsolution mudflaps. I got in on the group buy set up a few months ago. I drove through the heavy downpour this past weekend in New York. Got home to Montreal and found both my front flaps ripped out. Rear ones are still on because they were installed with the bracket and existing screw. Pretty disappointed in that. Looks like I'll have to pick up some molded ones from Amazon before winter hits.

• Informative
Reactions: malou
Quick update on my Tsolution mudflaps. I got in on the group buy set up a few months ago. I drove through the heavy downpour this past weekend in New York. Got home to Montreal and found both my front flaps ripped out. Rear ones are still on because they were installed with the bracket and existing screw. Pretty disappointed in that. Looks like I'll have to pick up some molded ones from Amazon before winter hits.

Can you expand on what you mean by ripped out? How were the front ones fastened ?

Pictures? Do you mean the tape connection at the top failed or the whole flap was gone? Did you contact Tsolutions to see if they have a complimentary remedy for whatever failure you experienced?

Both front flaps were attached with the supplied clips and double sided tape. Both completely fell off somewhere on the I87 northbound.

Wow, I definitely would contact the vendor. You might get a redesigned set for free. I know they were iterating the design at the time of the group buy and offered to make things right with the early adopters that may have had trouble. Few vendors would offer that.

Do you know if anyone has had any paint damage with those? I saw people complaining about that on another thread.

I would be getting xpel underneath them out of paranoia.

I would put ppf under them. I’m not sure if I didn’t install it correctly but my rear mud flaps has left a mark on the ppf on the area where it clips on to the rear bumper from pressure. I wrapped 3m pro around the bumper and I’m not sure if the added thickness was too thick for the clip. But I’m glad it’s on there as the rubbing may have scratched the paint instead.

Attachments

• E6539E0F-CC33-4119-9C07-C0A21481CA8F.jpeg
    E6539E0F-CC33-4119-9C07-C0A21481CA8F.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 107
I would put ppf under them. I’m not sure if I didn’t install it correctly but my rear mud flaps has left a mark on the ppf on the area where it clips on to the rear bumper from pressure. I wrapped 3m pro around the bumper and I’m not sure if the added thickness was too thick for the clip. But I’m glad it’s on there as the rubbing may have scratched the paint instead.

Same issue here, I don’t think it’s an installation issue but rather the flap has a sharp finish here. I plan to take them off and smooth it out a bit in that corner with some high grit sandpaper.

Pic is with the top portion unclipped, for clarity.

ACF19BAE-6152-4BA4-B358-F08A498DFB27.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: malou

Thanks for the pic. I have full exterior Xpel PPF, but have had my mud flaps off for a while. I'll be putting them back on now that Fall is here...