Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Braking System Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, any help would be appreciated. Few pictures and videos to go with it.

Changed the brakes today. New front discs. New rear discs and pads..

Had a bit of a problem with the EPB on the rear right, wouldn’t come all the way out so couldn’t get the second pad in, and then it went and clamped onto the one pad..
became a bit wobbly and a bit of fluid started leaking for the cylinder in the middle.

Pic attached of said cylinder.

(I had done the service mode for releasing the EPB before hand as well)

The left side worked perfectly straight swapped no issues..

Front discs, fine no issues..

Managed to get the cylinder back out and fit the two new pads into the right rear, and get it back on the car.

Bleed all the brakes with the service mode etc, following instructions however I still have no force in the pedal, and it says master cylinder error and no pressure.

Ran the tests and results below..

I’m guessing it is a new rear caliper due to the piston/cylinder pushing to far forward and leaking?

The piston is now back in the original position and both pads are in and it’s back on the car..

Both rear caliper were off the car completelt
For about an hour - not much drained out tho brake fluid wise.

Also, few grinding noises when putting it in drive after all changed and bled?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4168.jpeg
    IMG_4168.jpeg
    611.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4174.jpeg
    IMG_4174.jpeg
    779 KB · Views: 7
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
I don't have the answer unfortunately but I will say this: when you work on the rear brakes, even after disabling the parking brake in the UI, unplug the wire that goes to the caliper. That way even if the car decides to reapply the parking brake while you work, nothing will happen. Much safer. Just don't forget to plug it back in once you're done :)

Reactions: android04
Upvote 0
I don't have the answer unfortunately but I will say this: when you work on the rear brakes, even after disabling the parking brake in the UI, unplug the wire that goes to the caliper. That way even if the car decides to reapply the parking brake while you work, nothing will happen. Much safer. Just don't forget to plug it back in once you're done :)
Yeah, I think that’s what’s caused it to come back on when I had the pads removed forcing it to go out really far and come out of place.
I think I got it back in place and it seems to be working now as it locks in the p position and moves in the n position, but obviously still getting no force on the peddle and grinding noises. 🤦‍♂️

Upvote 0