Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance dealer discount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn’t trust it being sold as new. The reason tesla can get away with selling vehicles with miles as new is because they are technically inventory vehicles. The second the dmv gets involved its no longer “new”. Proceed with caution but I would be shocked if this qualifies for the tax incentives. Kinda crazy to me too because my car was built in the 55k vin range and yours is only a 78,xxx or so and i see cars in the 200k+ range. Also keep in mind newer builds ship with hw3.0

Today I learned that when you buy a "new" Tesla directly from Tesla, you need to run a Carfax to have a little more comfort that the manufacturer is not defrauding you by selling you a used car as "new". I'm sure there ate federal trade and consumer laws being violated, but more importantly it may cost you $3,750 plus whatever state rebates you are eligible for. A significant sum.

Hey guys new to the forum. Just wanted to run something past you guys. I was previously the owner of a 2016 model s 90d and have nothing but great things to say about it. Fast forward to about a week ago i decided to finally test drive a model 3 and currently have one on a 24 hour test drive. I have the 2500 deposit on a red model 3 performance with all the bells and whistles. Normal msrp on the car is 71,700 but this particular vehicle was a demo and Tesla was nice enough to discount it to 65k and some change. Full warranty and car only has about 2800 miles. I found the discount kinda steep but also found out that the reason why its so high is because the vehicle has had some repairs under warranty.
#1-new rear drive unit and pyro fuse
#2-new 12v battery
#3- rear tail light
#4-hood latch adjustment
All minor minus the drive unit but it doesn’t seem all that uncommon with these cars. Would this deter you guys from a sweet deal or is this to good to pass up assuming everything is 100% fixed?
Also Vin is in the 55500 range if anyone has anything specific to add. Any input would be greaty appreciated!

I'd never buy a "new car" that's been repaired and has all sorts of problems. I just put a down payment on a P3D with 30 miles, zero known problems, local and killer discount. Don't settle for a new car with problems just to save a few bucks.