Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi looking at purchasing a 2019 model 3 performance and wanted to ask top mods you may have done as Id like to change the chrome window trim and chrome handles as well as adding wireless charging pad and possible carbon bits of anyone has any suggestions thanks

I haven’t done any of the above but have done:
Additional light strip in the boot.
Under door lights now project the Tesla T.
Changed the chrome Ts to black.
Changed chrome T on the back to TESLA.
Added a rubber cup holder liner.
Added a front storage compartment drawer - and then modified it so light comes into the drawer.
Ceramic coated
Tinted the rear windows - didn’t do the rear screen and looks amazing.
Added a matte finish screen protector

Think that’s it but not seen the car for 3 months!

I haven’t done any of the above but have done:
Additional light strip in the boot.
Under door lights now project the Tesla T.
Changed the chrome Ts to black.
Changed chrome T on the back to TESLA.
Added a rubber cup holder liner.
Added a front storage compartment drawer - and then modified it so light comes into the drawer.
Ceramic coated
Tinted the rear windows - didn’t do the rear screen and looks amazing.
Added a matte finish screen protector

Think that’s it but not seen the car for 3 months!
Thanks for the reply can I ask where you got the parts from and any images please 👍🏾

Charger - Car Wireless Charging Pad for Tesla Model 3 15W Fast Charge Wireless Charger | eBay - this is the one I got and works well with two modern phones. It's not super fast (limitation of the USB ports on our car unfortunately) but much less faffing about that the wired option Tesla give you which takes about half an hour to get the lead plugged in :D

Carbon interior bits - I bought the Rennessis top dash trim and the centre panel trims in carbon. Bloody crap frankly. The centre panel trims don't really line up properly, they make the centre console hard to open too because they don't fit quite right - £150+ for them I would have expected much better!
The top wood dash cover, was equally a pile of crap. Was never quite long enough - as in a few mm out so it would come unstuck at one end as it never seated properly.
Removed the dash cover and it peeled pieces out of the wood veneer too - which was good of it. I ended up replacing it with a two piece alcantara covered one from Aliexpress which fits absolutely perfectly and matches the original interior doors trim spot on and was peanuts in comparison.
I have left the centre console carbon bits on for fear that they will ruin that too if I remove them!

Reactions: anlkverma78
Shame you don't like the Chrome, I've added a few bits to my car but nothing that makes it look different externally, I added the bits I really wanted to have to improve functionality or convenience - well except for the interior - just wanted as much white as i could.

Centre console tray, Samsung 1tb T7 SSD, Wireless phone charger, Hub, Boot side panel, Sunglasses storage unit, Frunk Carpet, Frunk bag hooks, Colour coded Mud Flaps, “Tesla” projection lights to all doors, Bonnet Insulation, White centre console edges, White rear console kick panel, White rear console HVAC vent, High Intensity boot lights – footwell lights and glove box light, Hanshow V4.3 Electric Frunk Kit, Cup Holder silicon insert, “Tesla” Aluminium valve caps, Door Lock striker plate Covers “Tesla 3”, Boot Insulation, White Nappa faux Leather console armrest cover, Illuminated sill plates, Radiator Grill with flyscreen, Trunk power Kit Hansshow V7, Rear reflectors to lights and seq indicators, Trunk sill protector, Frunk Sill Protector, Black and White Leather Steering Wheel Cover, White Screen Surround, White console Panels, White Seat backs, Chrome TESLA boot badge, Front Fog, DRL, Seq Indicators, Cabin Hepa Filters, Air intake box cover, Under bonnet rubber seal (air intake area), Touch Screen Swivel.

I got everything off Amazon or eBay.

No pics with me I’m afraid. Just over a month to go and can get some if you still need.

Also got rid of the ghastly plastic number plate surrounds. The rear is directly attached to the car and the front is now a vinyl stick on plate.
You got links to the number plate bits as didn't even know what that is 👍🏾
Only looked into the de chroming really
Charger - Car Wireless Charging Pad for Tesla Model 3 15W Fast Charge Wireless Charger | eBay - this is the one I got and works well with two modern phones. It's not super fast (limitation of the USB ports on our car unfortunately) but much less faffing about that the wired option Tesla give you which takes about half an hour to get the lead plugged in :D

Carbon interior bits - I bought the Rennessis top dash trim and the centre panel trims in carbon. Bloody crap frankly. The centre panel trims don't really line up properly, they make the centre console hard to open too because they don't fit quite right - £150+ for them I would have expected much better!
The top wood dash cover, was equally a pile of crap. Was never quite long enough - as in a few mm out so it would come unstuck at one end as it never seated properly.
Removed the dash cover and it peeled pieces out of the wood veneer too - which was good of it. I ended up replacing it with a two piece alcantara covered one from Aliexpress which fits absolutely perfectly and matches the original interior doors trim spot on and was peanuts in comparison.
I have left the centre console carbon bits on for fear that they will ruin that too if I remove them!
I'm not a fan of the wood trim interior and looking for a white trim...got kids but reading they easy to clean so here's hoping 😂 Def want the wireless charger...did you do the de chrome too