Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Model 3 power frunk/trunk fitting service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr H

Jan 6, 2020
Manchester
I hope this is allowed on here

I've had a few people asking for this so here we are...

I am able to offer to members only a fitting service for the Power Frunk and Trunk kits sold by Hansshow

Tesla model 3 automatic frunk and trunk

Order the kits yourself using the code 'CFTesla' to get 15% off

Price will depend on how far you are from Manchester and will be fitted at the weekend only

PM me for pricing

Darren

I am able to offer to members only a fitting service for the Power Frunk and Trunk kits sold by Hansshow

Price will depend on how far you are from Manchester and will be fitted at the weekend only

PM me for pricing

Darren
That’s very interesting.
How much does the fitting service cost?

Hi Darren

I'm picking my Tesla Model 3 up from Leeds on Monday and have been looking at the power Trunk and Frunk lifts but was unsure if it was something I would manage myself.

How much do you charge for fitting? I am located in Doncaster.

Also, How many have you fitted and is there any irreversible damage?

Many Thanks

PM me for pricing

Darren
Hi, message sent

Well, Mr H came to my house in Kent yesterday and fitted both the front and back with the power openers and foot controls to my M3P. He was punctual, very polite, knowledgeable and made an excellent job of the fitting....... and taught me a few things about the car that I didn't know!
I'd like to recommend him to anyone thinking of using his service. I'm delighted with the results and at a very fair price.

If only Aberdeen to Manchester was a shorter distance! I would LOVE to find someone to do this - someone else asked if it was reversible - is it ‘safe’ for your warranty? I assume so as it can be put back how it was (based on extensive you tube research haha!)

Well, Mr H came to my house in Kent yesterday and fitted both the front and back with the power openers and foot controls to my M3P. He was punctual, very polite, knowledgeable and made an excellent job of the fitting....... and taught me a few things about the car that I didn't know!
I'd like to recommend him to anyone thinking of using his service. I'm delighted with the results and at a very fair price.
Am I correct in understanding that the software will no longer be able to tell if the frunk is open?

If only Aberdeen to Manchester was a shorter distance! I would LOVE to find someone to do this - someone else asked if it was reversible - is it ‘safe’ for your warranty? I assume so as it can be put back how it was (based on extensive you tube research haha!)

I don't mind a ride to Aberdeen, obviously the cost would increase as this would be an overnighter.

Th only thing that would show if the kit were to be removed is the hole in the bootlid trim where the closing button goes. This could be changed to a less obvious place.

Hi Darren

Really keen on the idea of having this installed on my 3. I am based in Liverpool so it shouldn't be an issue for you distance wise. Do you think that it would affect warranty? From what i have seen so far it should not but the new version that they currently sell (version 4) apparently connects to the canbus and that makes me a bit wary. What are your thoughts on this? If you can also PM me with a price for installation that would be great.

thanks,

Nik

Hi Darren

Really keen on the idea of having this installed on my 3. I am based in Liverpool so it shouldn't be an issue for you distance wise. Do you think that it would affect warranty? From what i have seen so far it should not but the new version that they currently sell (version 4) apparently connects to the canbus and that makes me a bit wary. What are your thoughts on this? If you can also PM me with a price for installation that would be great.

thanks,

Nik

The kit I fit is from Hansshow and does not connect to the canbus, that is a completely different brand that I will not fit. The current version from Hansshow is version 3.
Warranty won’t be affected, there are hundreds of these kits on cars and I haven’t heard any horror stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.