Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Vendor Model 3 power frunk/trunk fitting service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The current Hansshow V4, i did not fit the canbus connector though
Was that your choice, or the customer’s? Presumably the canbus connection must offer some worthwhile feature, or they wouldn’t have bothered adding it?

I’m quite interested in the power trunk, but having watched a few fitting videos on YouTube, it’s not something I’d fancy doing myself. I can guarantee that I’d break every one of the trim clips trying to get them off :rolleyes:

Reactions: Neilio
Was that your choice, or the customer’s? Presumably the canbus connection must offer some worthwhile feature, or they wouldn’t have bothered adding it?

I’m quite interested in the power trunk, but having watched a few fitting videos on YouTube, it’s not something I’d fancy doing myself. I can guarantee that I’d break every one of the trim clips trying to get them off :rolleyes:

It's a bit of both regarding the canbus, i'd rather not connect anything at all to it as it's just to stop a false opening whilst in drive if you go over a rock etc - but you have to be pretty precise with your foot anyway so i'd say they've just added that feature for the sake of it.

Trim clips are easy to remove with the right tools

The V4 has a lovely soft close for the trunk though. Let me know if you want it doing.

• Informative
Reactions: Neilio and Roy W.

Happy to provide videos/pics to show my V4 install. As Mr H says it has a nice soft close feature.

• Love
Reactions: Adopado and Roy W.
I got my kit installed last Saturday by @Mr H . He came at my place spot on time. We had a bit of a chat about the kit and the cars and then he cracked on with the installation. Very professional, finished the whole thing in about 4 hours. (Boot, froot, foot sensors the whole thing). He tested it thoroughly and gave me some nice tips about using it. Great guy and I do feel a bit bad for not having time to talk a bit more with him (childcare duties I am afraid).
I am really satisfied by the installation and i would highly recommend @Mr H to anyone thinking about installing this kit.

I got my kit installed last Saturday by @Mr H . He came at my place spot on time. We had a bit of a chat about the kit and the cars and then he cracked on with the installation. Very professional, finished the whole thing in about 4 hours. (Boot, froot, foot sensors the whole thing). He tested it thoroughly and gave me some nice tips about using it. Great guy and I do feel a bit bad for not having time to talk a bit more with him (childcare duties I am afraid).
I am really satisfied by the installation and i would highly recommend @Mr H to anyone thinking about installing this kit.

Many thanks Nik for that glowing review, it’s nice to put faces to names.

I’ve taken the plunge and ordered the trunk kit and foot sensor. Can I ask you guys that already have it, roughly how long does it take for the kit to arrive?

I’ve got @Mr H on standby... ;)

Mine was about two and a half weeks. Apologies Ive not been out in the car to take a video yet. The V4 is basically the same as the vids you see online but it has a soft close at the bottom.

It latches and then slowly closes tight. It’s a nice feature.

I had a small import tax to pay on arrival so be prepared for that.

• Helpful
Reactions: Roy W.
What safety features do these have when shutting, or opening.

In our tiguan, if we are too close to an object like a wall, it will stop the boot from opening so it doesn't hit the wall. When closing, if it detects something in the path, it stops and reopens.

I have two small children that have hands that get everywhere.

What safety features do these have when shutting, or opening.

In our tiguan, if we are too close to an object like a wall, it will stop the boot from opening so it doesn't hit the wall. When closing, if it detects something in the path, it stops and reopens.

I have two small children that have hands that get everywhere.
I don’t think they have wall detection as it sounds like the Tiguan queries the rear parking sensors but they do have obstacle detection(hands etc) and will stop if they detect any resistance

Reactions: j1mgg
Not impressed with FedEx, particularly when they’re supposedly one of the “premium” couriers.

My trunk kit was despatched from Hong Kong last Tuesday, 4 August, And ever since then it has been showing as due to be delivered today, Thursday 13 August.

The tracking still shows the same delivery date now, but the slight problem is that the parcel is still at Stansted airport, where it arrived last night.

After phoning FedEx I’ve been told that, no, surprise, surprise, it won’t be coming today, because it’s still at Stansted!

“We’ll deliver it tomorrow, sir”

“I’m sorry, but because you’ve said it was coming today, we’ve arranged to be here all day today. We are out tomorrow. How about Saturday delivery?”

“I’m very sorry, sir, but we don’t deliver at the weekend. How about Monday next week?”

So, it’s rearranged for Monday. We’ll see if it turns up.

Also had a FedEx waybill for £25.63 customs charges, but that’s only to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.