Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Seat Material

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting article on "vegan leather": Vegan Leather Isn't As Ethical As You Think

I prefer genuine cowhide....if not...I'll take cloth....I don't like like the idea of sitting on tupperware. Too bad one doesn't get to chose plastic or cloth with the PUP option.
You may not be aware that "genuine cowhide" is full of chemicals. Tanning leather uses a wide variety of noxious chemicals, all of which remain in the leather that you're sitting on.
You may be better off with cloth.
Tanning (leather) - Wikipedia

Can anybody confirm the synthetic pleather wears better than early Model S leather interior?

The quality of early Model S leather with upgraded recaro seats were horrible. It started wrinkling and cracking like a 5 year old car in 1yr. This aspect only, I did miss Audi/bmw leather seats.

I'd need to find a seat cover if model 3 seats are like that fragile.

Same brown wood as you’ve seen in all other colors of the car. It isn’t related to the exterior color. It’s part of the black interior.

With the white interior, it may change to white, but that hasn’t been confirmed or verified.

It's not a new image, but I stumbled onto this one and it sort of confirms the white panel replacing the wood dash. Hopefully we'll know for sure in a month or two...

Tesla Model 3: new interior image highlights the puzzle inside the vehicle

It's not a new image, but I stumbled onto this one and it sort of confirms the white panel replacing the wood dash. Hopefully we'll know for sure in a month or two...

Tesla Model 3: new interior image highlights the puzzle inside the vehicle
That's the silver alpha car that was the main one at the reveal. Not sure how much credence I would put into that being applicable to the production version. One could make assumptions that production version will follow that, but still just an assumption at best. I would much rather have the same wood or some other choice instead of the white. I reserve the right to change my mind, but looks tacky and just too much white. Same goes for the center console, please don't be white. The gloss black is already hard enough to not get scratched or have fingerprints all over it.

Reactions: dss33