Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tesla brand floor mats work in a Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 Model 3 and bought the official Tesla all weather mats for it, including the frunk and trunk. I was considering upgrading to a Y and transferring the beta. The sales rep at Tesla said the mats will fit just fine- but I don’t really believe him. And I don’t feel like literally trying to install my mats in a Y at the show room. Anyone have first hand experience with this? Thanks.

I have a 2021 Model 3 and bought the official Tesla all weather mats for it, including the frunk and trunk. I was considering upgrading to a Y and transferring the beta. The sales rep at Tesla said the mats will fit just fine- but I don’t really believe him. And I don’t feel like literally trying to install my mats in a Y at the show room. Anyone have first hand experience with this? Thanks.
Are you not going to get a Y if the floor mats don't fit?

If that's your criteria for getting the Y, don't know what to tell you.

But if it isn't, then... get the Y, check the mats. If they fit, great. If not, worry about it then. You can use the carpeted mats that come with the Y for a bit until you get new ones.

This question was answered by one of the accessory vendors here that sells floor mats (as "No, it doesnt fit")

My guess is, the person at Tesla was answering "Do the floor mats fit" not "do the ALL WEATHER floor mats fit". Just a guess, but what my opinion is.