Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Test Drive in Montreal Canada 4/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am bringing my car to the Electric Vehicle show in Montreal 4/20-4/22. I encourage people to sign up.

Salon Véhicule Électrique Montréal - Canada's First Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Show

I dont know if there is any interest, but I will be there the day before and I am offering people the opportunity to test drive the car. Preference will be given to previous Tesla Owners and Model 3 reservation holders. I will charge a nominal fee to cover travel expenses. Also will be very limited in the number of people chosen as im really there to spend time with my family.

If you are interested, please fill out this form.

Model 3: Test Drive

I am bringing my car to the Electric Vehicle show in Montreal 4/20-4/22. I encourage people to sign up.

Salon Véhicule Électrique Montréal - Canada's First Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Show

I dont know if there is any interest, but I will be there the day before and I am offering people the opportunity to test drive the car. Preference will be given to previous Tesla Owners and Model 3 reservation holders. I will charge a nominal fee to cover travel expenses. Also will be very limited in the number of people chosen as im really there to spend time with my family.

If you are interested, please fill out this form.

Model 3: Test Drive
That’s very kind of you. I am unable to attend the Show due to prior family commitments but, like @inottawa, would love to connect if you came to Ottawa but sadly it’s really a detour to get back to New Jersey.

So it’s you that is bringing the car for test drives! I heard that there would be another Model 3 at the show on display. Speaking of the SVÉM, I just heard this morning that Campagna, the Quebec company that used to make the T-Rex, is coming back with that same model, but it will 100% Electric. Note that I will be there.

...in exchange for money

Give me a break. So what? You expect someone to turn over their car to you to drive for free? A nominal fee is not reasonable for a chance to actually drive SOMEONE ELSE’s PERSONAL vehicle prior to your purchase? Without having to travel to the states for a Turo rental? Oh wait! Never mind. You would have to actually pay for a Turo rental and we all know that’s not happening.

I personally took the opportunity in January to drive to Kingston, meet You You Xue at 1:30 AM, -17 deg C, spend lots of time in the car while charging playing with the display and then driving it for 15 minutes. I paid a nominal fee for this. Worth it? Absolutely every cent.

Mods, Apologies in advance but couldn’t let this one go ;)

Last edited:
Give me a break. So what? You expect someone to turn over their car to you to drive for free? A nominal fee is not reasonable for a chance to actually drive SOMEONE ELSE’s PERSONAL vehicle prior to your purchase? Without having to travel to the states for a Turo rental? Oh wait! Never mind. You would have to actually pay for a Turo rental and we all know that’s not happening.

I personally took the opportunity in January to drive to Kingston, meet You You Xue at 1:30 AM, -17 deg C, spend lots of time in the car while charging playing with the display and then driving it for 15 minutes. I paid a nominal fee for this. Worth it? Absolutely every cent.

Mods, Apologies in advance but couldn’t let this one go ;)
I don't have any problem with him charging a fee for people to drive his model 3. That's his right, so I think you misunderstood. My point made was that I don't think it's some noble or altruistic gesture worthy of praise and thanks when someone is doing it for money (which again, I dont disagree with him for doing). I thought it sounded funny to thank him and praise him. Maybe that's just me. It's a business however...your description of him seems to indicate you don't realise what he's actually doing. let me help, having read his google docs page:

From the 'sign up'
  • "Our events are not officially sponsored, endorsed or approved by tesla"
  • "If you are selected for a test drive you will be informed AT THE EVENT"
  • "We want to give test drives at all of our stops. However on rare occasions we will be unable to provide any test drives"
  • "TEST DRIVES WILL BE PRIORITIZED BY OFFER AMOUNT"
This is not some guy who happens to be out and offers up his car to someone to check it out. This is an auction for test drives, similar to a short term Turo rental. He's advertising his business here, like Turo would (and doing so without being a forum sponsor). Are people thanking and praising other vendors for offering to sell them stuff at the highest price?

For the record I turn my car over to other people regularly to see what it's about as it's so different to what most people are used to. I would say I've lent my car out or let 20 different people drive my car in the 13 months I've been a Model S owner. I charged none of them. I would just feel weird about taking their money. Last time I did this was Sunday, lending to a local business person I dealt with who asked me about it and said he was thinking about buying one. I offered to trade cars with him for the day, but he just took it for a test drive instead as he was too busy to take advantage of it.

I don't think it's a big deal as these are just cars, just possessions. No I would never ask for money for it after offering it. I would also never offer it to random strangers over the internet so this isn't really comparable although I did once let a total stranger I'd known for 10 minutes drive my Model S at a car meet with me in the passenger seat. If I had a model S and put it on Turo sure thing people can drive it for money. Again, I have no problem with that aspect.

Maybe I've got it wrong, and if so, I apologize.

Last edited:
Yea...I’m just trying to recover the extra night of hotel cost for coming in early. It’s not all altruistic but I’m not looking to make bank on this.

I’m offering my car to the show for no cost and will do training prior to the show so the volunteers can tell people about the car.

I’m taking personal vacation time to do this so people in Montreal can see/experience the car.

I’m taking 4 groups max.

I’m not looking for praise but guys don’t be so cynical...

There’s one spot left.

Reactions: 03DSG
I don't have any problem with him charging a fee for people to drive his model 3. That's his right, so I think you misunderstood. My point made was that I don't think it's some noble or altruistic gesture worthy of praise and thanks when someone is doing it for money (which again, I dont disagree with him for doing). I thought it sounded funny to thank him and praise him. Maybe that's just me. It's a business however...your description of him seems to indicate you don't realise what he's actually doing. let me help, having read his google docs page:

From the 'sign up'
  • "Our events are not officially sponsored, endorsed or approved by tesla"
  • "If you are selected for a test drive you will be informed AT THE EVENT"
  • "We want to give test drives at all of our stops. However on rare occasions we will be unable to provide any test drives"
  • "TEST DRIVES WILL BE PRIORITIZED BY OFFER AMOUNT"
This is not some guy who happens to be out and offers up his car to someone to check it out. This is an auction for test drives, similar to a short term Turo rental. He's advertising his business here, like Turo would (and doing so without being a forum sponsor). Are people thanking and praising other vendors for offering to sell them stuff at the highest price?

For the record I turn my car over to other people regularly to see what it's about as it's so different to what most people are used to. I would say I've lent my car out or let 20 different people drive my car in the 13 months I've been a Model S owner. I charged none of them. I would just feel weird about taking their money. Last time I did this was Sunday, lending to a local business person I dealt with who asked me about it and said he was thinking about buying one. I offered to trade cars with him for the day, but he just took it for a test drive instead as he was too busy to take advantage of it.

I don't think it's a big deal as these are just cars, just possessions. No I would never ask for money for it after offering it. I would also never offer it to random strangers over the internet so this isn't really comparable although I did once let a total stranger I'd known for 10 minutes drive my Model S at a car meet with me in the passenger seat. If I had a model S and put it on Turo sure thing people can drive it for money. Again, I have no problem with that aspect.

Maybe I've got it wrong, and if so, I apologize.

I had the identical experience. The test drive I did I bid for in advance. I got the test drive along with two others because of the amount we bid. Business, free trip or not it gives some people the opportunity to drive the car before ordering or taking delivery. Personally I take no issue with someone providing the car and charging a fee. The owners motivation and reasoning for doing so is really none of my business. You You allowed hundreds of people to experience his car when most had never even seen one yet. By doing so he also had his expenses more than covered for a great road trip experience. I just saw no need to judge the motivation and reasoning behind the OP’s offer.