Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 trunk cotton? Is there a thick one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I am going to buy one mostly because I want a more finished trunk look. I have understood that it will have no affect on soundproofing. But have anyone found a product which is thicker and which is really designed for soundproofing or a product where is room for soundproofing material between the cotton cover and the trunk ''roof''?

I covered the underside of the rear deck with sound deadening and acoustic foam, then covered it with one of these trunk covers. It does help finish the trunk and is nice to protect from the sharp metal edges but does nothing to improve the cabin noise.

Sorry, that post was ment to go inside interior/exterior forum, but it did not. Can't change it anymore?

(moderator note)

There is a very limited time a post can be edited after a user posts it. For the opening post in a thread its very short, just a few minutes i think. I moved it to model 3 interior / exterior for you, though since thats where you intended to post it and its that type of topic.

I haven't found, and it propably won't help. I did soundproofing over the rear deck because the rough rumble from the (rear) tyres when driving on a rough tarmac is coming through the car's metal body - so the metal rear deck of the M3 is one source of the road noise.

If you buy a cotton ''soundproofing'' mat you should modify it if you want to install that plastic boot upper panel back in its place.

Here is a link